What's new

Restore RT-AC68U Config to RT-AC56U?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

savestheday

Occasional Visitor
Hi all,
Dumb question because I am looking to take a shortcut :)

Is it possible to export an RT-AC68U config and import it into an RT-AC56U? I decided to move the AC68U upstairs for better wireless coverage and leave the AC-56U downstairs for routing duties. I've got a bunch of custom settings that I want to copy over. I figured because the routers were close in spec, I might be able to cheat it.

Thank you!

Is it possible to export an RT-AC68U config and import it into an RT-AC56U?
Hi,

Yes, it is POSSIBLE (if you edit the config file)! :confused:
But it will ruin your router and force you to do a factory reset! :eek:

It's like putting gasoline into your diesel engine: You CAN do it, but it will not work and you will have a costly repair bill! :rolleyes:

Simply update your AC56U to a latest firmware, do a factory reset and re-configure it manually!

With kind regards
Joe :cool:

Hi all,
Dumb question because I am looking to take a shortcut :)

Is it possible to export an RT-AC68U config and import it into an RT-AC56U? I decided to move the AC68U upstairs for better wireless coverage and leave the AC-56U downstairs for routing duties. I've got a bunch of custom settings that I want to copy over. I figured because the routers were close in spec, I might be able to cheat it.

Thank you!

Bad idea, especially if you intend to use both routers at once, since you would be applying the MAC addresses of the AC68 to your AC56, totally wrecking your network L2 routing in the process.

Also, the hardware is not entirely identical. One is a 2x2, the other is a 3x3.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!