What's new

Reverse internet access through Asus-Merlin OpenVPN client.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Johnco2

New Around Here
At the remote site I have an OpenVPN configured AC86U in LAN-to-WAN cascading mode feeding all traffic on its subnet (192.168.3.0) through my VPN to a Linux OpenVPN server at home. This provides access to the home LAN (192.168.47.0) and the internet. Local traffic at the remote client end (192.168.1.0) connects directly to the ISP’s fibre modem which handles local internet traffic and also the traffic over the encrypted VPN.

In the reverse server to client direction I would occasionally like to access the internet from specific devices on the home LAN (192.168.47.0). I can access the subnet which is part of the remote client VPN (192.168.3.0) and login to the AC86U for configuration purposes but I cannot “escape” from the AC86U and contact the 192.168.1.0 subnet and therefore the internet at the remote end.

I think that OpenVPN is configured and working properly and my issues are down to my limited knowledge of routing. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!