What's new

[Review] Asus RT-AX88U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Jayce Ooi

Regular Contributor
Author's Note: The original review can be found at my blog - Asus RT-AX88U Review @ JayceOoi.com.

Welcome to the future! Check out Asus RT-AX88U Wireless Router with Wi-Fi 6. Enjoy ultrafast Wi-Fi speed up to 6000Mbps. Powered by 1.8 GHz quad-core processor. Having 256MB Flash and 1GB of RAM. 4 X 4 wireless connection. 8 LAN ports and 2 USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports. Loaded with OFDMA and MU-MIMO technology for faster and lower latency. How does it perform? Let’s find out…

Check out also AiMesh Wi-Fi 6 AX Performance with 2 Asus RT-AX88U Wireless Routers

That’s it for now. Thanks for watching. Peace…

Last edited:
I'm sorry Jayce, but IMO, your video is a very low effort, one sided review that states nothing more than the information shown on the manufacturer's web site product page. It is nothing more than a thinly veiled attempt to get people to buy the product using your Amazon Affiliate Link shown in the video's description.

I don't have a problem purchasing through Amazon Affiliate links, as long as the product reviewer puts effort into the video, providing a balanced (not one sided) review of the product. Your review covers *none* of the current problems plaguing this router. The current firmware is sooooo bad, that no non-biased reviewer could possible recommend buying this router. There are work-arounds for a lot of the problems by using third party firmware, but none of the bugs are even covered in your video, let alone the work-arounds.

As long as a user is *fully* informed about the bugs/drawbacks to this router, then again, fine.... put in your affiliate link, and I'll click on it. Until then, you appear to be doing nothing more than attempting to get people to buy using your affiliate link. Maybe that isn't your intention, but it sure comes across that way.

Re-do your video, putting effort into it, showing both sides of the story and I'll gladly buy it using your affiliate link. Until then, thumbs down on your video. Sorry, mate. I'm not trying to be a jerk here, but you need to put more work into your video if you expect people to use your affiliate link.

P.S. A "Review" actually reviews the product, showing tests and the test results, not just a narration of the installation guide, and voice over of the product's stats.

Tests + Results = minimum content for a review.

Last edited:
Thanks for feedback, FloorPizza. This will surely improve my next review.

I have been using AX88U as my daily router to replace AC86U for almost a month. I did not face any major bug on my router. Only performance improvement here. What are the issues that you saw? Maybe I did not use those functions that have bugs...

P/S - There are devices that not compatible with AX router. Eg, certain Intel wireless card - can't detect AX router at all. But update to latest firmware solve the issue.

I just went through the AX88U forums again. Saw few users don't face any major issue like me. But some did. Maybe their AX88U hardware has issue else other connected devices / ISP have compatible issue.

@Jayce Ooi I have an older ASUS router AC56U and my top speeds when using Asus download master are usually between 8000 - 9000 Kbps.

Could you please tell me what speeds you get with Download master on this new router AX88U?

Author's Note: The original review can be found at my blog - Asus RT-AX88U Review @ JayceOoi.com.

Welcome to the future! Check out Asus RT-AX88U Wireless Router with Wi-Fi 6. Enjoy ultrafast Wi-Fi speed up to 6000Mbps. Powered by 1.8 GHz quad-core processor. Having 256MB Flash and 1GB of RAM. 4 X 4 wireless connection. 8 LAN ports and 2 USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports. Loaded with OFDMA and MU-MIMO technology for faster and lower latency. How does it perform? Let’s find out…

Check out also AiMesh Wi-Fi 6 AX Performance with 2 Asus RT-AX88U Wireless Routers

That’s it for now. Thanks for watching. Peace…
This is without a doubt the most stable router I have ever owned!!!!! Ai meshed with 1 RT-AC86U and 2 RT-AC 68u and everything is rock solid.

This is without a doubt the most stable router I have ever owned!!!!! Ai meshed with 1 RT-AC86U and 2 RT-AC 68u and everything is rock solid.

What firmware are you running on your routers and AP's/Nodes?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!