What's new

Review Suggestion Netgear GS108T-200 (Version 2)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

GS108T v2 has horrible reviews on Newegg, seems like it has too many features for too low a price for Netgear to have spent enough R&D on it.

GS108T is $100
Cisco Sg300-10 is $250

I'm just getting into switches and know very little... Tim is Cisco positively the better switch if price difference isn't a factor?

Last edited:
I'm just getting into switches and know very little... Tim is Cisco positively the better switch if price difference isn't a factor?

Hope you don't mind, I'll chime in. Recommend against the Ciscos, based on this and price, if price doesn't matter take a look at TP-Link switches.

The world we live in... but political issue aside, still need some technical input on this, TP-Link, higher end Netgear, whatever, for around $200. If 20 or so Newegg comments are inaccurate, then Netgear it is.

The world we live in... but political issue aside, still need some technical input on this, TP-Link, higher end Netgear, whatever, for around $200. If 20 or so Newegg comments are inaccurate, then Netgear it is.

Ya can choose it make it better or worse. Cisco used as a selling point the ability to enable suppression & torture. I prefer not to dismiss that as "doing biz", you have a lot of choices, why not make that a factor?

Beyond that the Cisco equipment is generally overpriced, they sell a brand.

How many ports? What Speed? Need SFP slots, Need QOS? # VLAN? VPN?

Gigabit Dell (SMC) managed switches sell for cheap on eBay, 24 port, 48gig, 2xSFP, QOS and Logging enabled around $90

TPLink 8-Port Gigabit L2 Lite Managed Switch with 1 SFP Slot is less than $200

Last edited:
What features are you looking for? HP ProCurve generally get good marks and Dell small-biz switches can be a good value.

I have a GS108T and it's been fine, but I don't use any of the managed features.

Many vendors now offer lifetime warranty on switches, which can be good since Gigabit switches run hotter and can fail more frequently.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!