What's new

Ring Live View

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ComputerSteve

Hi so something is blocking ring live view from working on my network. I notice that if I change the wan settings and disable custom dns it starts working but then if I reboot with custom dns it stops again. I don't know I have tried everything using the DHCP settings from the ISP. I don't understand why liveview while connected to my local network doesn't work. I tried disabling diversion. I do use x3mrouting for vpn but the vpn is only for specific lan clients and It shouldn't be interfering with my local lan. It seems like the only thing is live view that isn't working right. If I connect to a different wifi network or use my cell phone I can access live view just not on my home network.

Hi so something is blocking ring live view from working on my network. I notice that if I change the wan settings and disable custom dns it starts working but then if I reboot with custom dns it stops again. I don't know I have tried everything using the DHCP settings from the ISP. I don't understand why liveview while connected to my local network doesn't work. I tried disabling diversion. I do use x3mrouting for vpn but the vpn is only for specific lan clients and It shouldn't be interfering with my local lan. It seems like the only thing is live view that isn't working right. If I connect to a different wifi network or use my cell phone I can access live view just not on my home network.
What router? What firmware and version? What add-ons are installed? How is Ring connecting to the router, if by WiFi what band (Guest or main WiFi) and what are the WiFi settings? In sum, provide more details about your setup. If Ring is connected to the Guest WiFi, change it to main WiFi and retest.

I have the AX86U, on 388.1 / I have diversion, x3mRouting, & VPNMON-R2. I tried with diversion disabled still same result. Only thing that fixes it temporarily is messing with the wan settings by disabling dns DNS-over-TLS and then trying it instantly starts live view. When I reboot the router it stops working again. Again I can toggle that to bring it back but then it stops after every reboot ???

OK so it seems that I had my ring security pro system connected as the wifi network for these ring cameras. When I connected them directly to the Asus network they worked. It still weird that I can't view the live view on a different wifi network. its like its blocked or something idk.