What's new

@ RMerlin Asus RT-AX58U

• Thread starter Deleted member 22229
  • Start date
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

D

Deleted member 22229

Is there any chance the AX58U can be supported with your code ? It appears it is indeed Broadcom based.

-----@RT-AX58U:/proc# cat socinfo
SoC Name :BCM6750
Revision :A2
wl1: Broadcom BCM43684 802.11 Wireless Controller 17.10.99.7 (r777012)

This router works very well and with your efforts will seal the deal. I hope this is possible. Thanks Jim !!

Yes and that thread was from Nov, and before it was confirmed it was Broadcom based. Not to mention Merlin never replied on the subject.

Yes and that thread was from Nov, and before it was confirmed it was Broadcom based. Not to mention Merlin never replied on the subject.
Are you sure it's Broadcom based? I thought it is based on the Intel Lantiq WAV654 platform. The AX56U is based on the Broadcom BCM-6755.

Also the Broadcom BCM-6755 chipsets specifications show only 1201Mb/s max link speed. The AX58U is rated at 2402Mb/s which matches the Intel specs.
upload_2020-1-1_21-51-58.png

Not to mention Merlin never replied on the subject.

Because to be honest, I'm tired of people asking me the same question every time a new router comes out (and Asus releases like 6-8 new router a year these days).

If I ever decide to support a model, it will be announced.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!