What's new

rog ax11000

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

canerka

New Around Here
i am not pro when it comes to wireless router settings so i need the help of experts here. can someone help me with the settings to get the best performance out of my router. i appreciate the help and guidance. thanks in advance

You need to tell us more than 'help' for us to do so. :)

Outline your WiFi environment, your client devices, your typical usage, your ISP speeds, and any and all other pertinent data to get better answers than just some generic defaults.

The settings you have now are also important to know where to steer you towards.

You need to tell us more than 'help' for us to do so. :)

Outline your WiFi environment, your client devices, your typical usage, your ISP speeds, and any and all other pertinent data to get better answers than just some generic defaults.

The settings you have now are also important to know where to steer you towards.
i am hoping i understand your questions correctly so here goes my best answer. my internet speed is 500mbps. I somewhat have a smart home with a smartthings hub, lights, garage door, thermostat, google home. ipads, imac, iphones, roku, xbox, ps, nintendo switch. mainly playing games and streaming (youtubetv and netflix etc)

First, probably want to post in the AX sub-forum.
Second - I'm using standard settings. I haven't really changed anything. Haven't tweaked any of the pro settings at all.
NOTE - for smart home, you want to DISABLE Airtime Fairness. Also for printers, etc. which power down (here's looking at you, HP), you want to disable Roaming Assistant.

Finally, I have WiFi 6 *DISABLED* on all three bands. For some reason I'm not seeing any benefit (fiber/1Gbps connection) from WiFi 6 devices (notably my iPhone 11 Pro and 11). It's actually slower - and I've tried all the different flavors - i.e. DL/UL ODFA + MU-MIMO.
Finally, you can't use third-party firmware, so you're stuck with ASUS firmware.