What's new

[ROG RAPTURE GT-AX11000] Experiences & Discussion

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

AndyD

Regular Contributor
While waiting for Amazon to deliver the new GT-AX11000, I have opened this thread to discuss this new flagship router.
I am going to pair it with my existing RT-AX88U in a mesh configuration

Why spend 350$ on the RT-AX88U if it will only be used as a node?

respect-bro.jpg

Mine is on its way. It will be here Sat. I am excited to use the 2.5gb port. Hopefully Asus add WPA3 support.

How were you able to buy the router? I’ve been looking on Newegg and it seems to be sold out.

Ebay. Someone bought it because a of a recommendation and when he got it scratched off the COD key. Then found out it was too much of a router for him and could not return it since he scratched of the key. I got it for $360. It was only used to try to setup.

Oh ok! Give us your thoughts once you receive it, I’m interested in this router as well and will be interested to see your thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Oh ok! Give us your thoughts once you receive it, I’m interested in this router as well and will be interested to see your thoughts.

Will do, I am moving from a GT-AC5300 so it should be very close.

Cool! Yeah I’m currently rocking a rt-ac86u and the household is starting to fill with more and more devices so.... looking for a beefier router. If I do purchase the gt once it’s out I will run the 86u in AiMesh.

Tried to get the router's 2,5 Gbit port working with the Asus XG-U2008 switch 10Gbit port but the switch only says 1 Gbit speed (white led, not blue). Both support 802.3bz?!

Tried to get the router's 2,5 Gbit port working with the Asus XG-U2008 switch 10Gbit port but the switch only says 1 Gbit speed (white led, not blue). Both support 802.3bz?!

Your switch uses a Marvell 88X3220 which does 1gb or 10gb. The router uses a Aquantia AQR109 chipset which does 1gb or 2.5gb. I dont think they are compatible since the Marvell does not list 2.5gb supported. Best guess.

Sorry been busy. So far only real issue is my Amazon Fire tv is having issues with it. Netflix is slow and I have tried hard wire and wifi. Also HiDive (An anime app) wont stream on the Amazon TV. Apple tv is no issue.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!