What's new

[ROG RAPTURE GT-AX11000] Experiences & Discussion

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I have a GT-ac5300. What is the difference between the GT-AC5300 and the GT-AX11000 other than the 802.11ax support and USB 3.1 gen 1 ports ?

The router came with the new Call of Duty game. Also the reason Newegg went out of stock was there is 2 GT-AX11000 models. One is the Call of Duty (I dont think they are making it anymore) and the other is plain model. They are the same inside. The COD model has some logo's and RGB lights, plus it came with the game. The firmware is the same.

Regular Model
https://www.asus.com/us/Networking/ROG-Rapture-GT-AX11000/

COD Model
https://www.asus.com/Networking/ROG-Rapture-GT-AX11000-Call-of-Duty-Black-Ops-4-Edition/

Also Tim Higgins please get a tear down of the GT-AX11000 and review if possible. I really cant wait to see the tear down pics and your reviews are always written really well.

@DarkManX4lf :I have had both routers, since swapping out for the new one I have some issues with some devices who either don't show the teamed network or connect and then disconnects after a while. Other than that I guess you need new devices to explore the new WIFI features...

Mine just arrived and updated to firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.5252 as part of the initial setup.
For the moment it functions just as well as my RT-AX88U although its a few firmware versions back as the ax88u is on 3.0.0.4.384_5640.
One thing to have in mind is that you cant do the initial setup if your pc is connected to the 2.5 ethernet port, as part of the setup assigns that port to either Lan or Wan (with Wan being the default I gather)

Having and issue with the 2.5Gb port. When I was downloading large files, like installing Battlefield V, it would pop up on my pc with no internet available. It would do it every 5GB or so. I would have to disable the Nic and re-enable it. Did it with Steam too. I am using the ROG Areion 10Gb adapter with latest drivers. Plus a Cat 7 cable.

No such issue here.
Try searching for new updated Aquantia drivers from Aquantia themselves

Any luck getting this to work with NordVPN? I had it working with a UDP connection but I could not configure exceptions

I have 2 running in AI Mesh with a 5300 node in the mesh as well.

To get these to work together I had to disable Roaming assistant AX and smart connect. I carefully used channels I knew the 5300 would use.

I just got a review version of this router, and had a few problems with it so far.

The first, was that it would randomly disconnect from both wired and wireless clients, every few hours or so. Not sure if this had something to do with me changing my setting to "Smart Connect" "Triband" or not, but it still happened after I turned it on.

The second, was that on my main desktop pc, which is wired ethernet, my download speed is supposed to be around 200mbps, I was getting 20. I couldn't figure it out. I wound up figuring out with tech support, that it looks like one of my ethernet jacks on the router was the issue. We even did a factory reset on it, before we tried just switching the ports, and immediately got my full 200+mps measured from speedtest.net and fast.com.

My wireless speeds after doing a factory reset are thru the roof, being over 200mbps, way faster than my previous router. I have much better range with this router.

The loosing internet connection could also have been attributed to the power cable being in a bad spot on my crowded desk, as it is an L-Shaped male connector at the end, and I could see it just briefly loosing it's connection, but I guess time will tell.

Crossing fingers my router is ok, as I don't have a warranty on the item because it was sent to me as a review copy, and I do not have a direct contact with Asus on it.

I just got a review version of this router, and had a few problems with it so far.

The first, was that it would randomly disconnect from both wired and wireless clients, every few hours or so. Not sure if this had something to do with me changing my setting to "Smart Connect" "Triband" or not, but it still happened after I turned it on.

The second, was that on my main desktop pc, which is wired ethernet, my download speed is supposed to be around 200mbps, I was getting 20. I couldn't figure it out. I wound up figuring out with tech support, that it looks like one of my ethernet jacks on the router was the issue. We even did a factory reset on it, before we tried just switching the ports, and immediately got my full 200+mps measured from speedtest.net and fast.com.

My wireless speeds after doing a factory reset are thru the roof, being over 200mbps, way faster than my previous router. I have much better range with this router.

The loosing internet connection could also have been attributed to the power cable being in a bad spot on my crowded desk, as it is an L-Shaped male connector at the end, and I could see it just briefly loosing it's connection, but I guess time will tell.

Crossing fingers my router is ok, as I don't have a warranty on the item because it was sent to me as a review copy, and I do not have a direct contact with Asus on it.

Which router did you have previously? I am looking forward to seeing your review when you're finished. :)

Which router did you have previously? I am looking forward to seeing your review when you're finished. :)
I had a TP-LINK Archer C3150, and while it was an ok router, the range was awful. I have my router in my basement, and have 2 other floors. The 2nd floor was where it would constantly disconnect/reconnect every few minutes. It was on their smart connect feature, and even turning it off, I would just loose a connection, though not as bad as with that feature turned on. The other thing I hated about this router is that TP-Link never updated the firmware after adding in the MU-Mimo support a few months after they launched it. No security updates, nothing.

Issue in traditional QoS: manual download bandwidth not work
Issue in Adaptive Qos: bufferbloat very high (>80 ms) in upload

After a further reset of the device, traditional qos now works regularly, while the problem of adaptive qos remains (problem already present by some firmware releases).
In addition I can not connect rt-ax88u as aimesh node

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!