What's new

[ROG RAPTURE GT-AX11000] Experiences & Discussion

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

For those that haven't noticed there is a new firmware out
ASUS GT-AX11000 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.5977
Security Fix
- Fixed CVE-2018-20334
- Fixed CVE-2018-20336
- Fixed null pointer issue. Thanks for CodeBreaker of STARLabs’ contribution.
- Fixed AiCloud buffer overflow vulnerability. Thanks for Resecurity International's contribution.

Improvement
- Improved GT-AX11000 and Samsung® S10 series connection performance.

Bug Fix

- Fixed AiMesh LAN IP issue when router using IPv6 WAN.
- Fixed Network Map related issues.
- Fixed AiMesh connection issue between GT-AX11000 and RT-AX88U.
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/GT-AX11000/FW_GT_AX11000_30043845977.zip

I upgraded to this new firmware. Now my router no longer has an ability to detect Wan Gateway for my IPV6 connection. On the previous firmware i was having no issues with this. (I also did a factory reset on router to confirm this is an issue). Is there away i can remedy this in the meantime till asus fixes it? There is also something weird going on with the GUI as well. Especially when you see spanish on the administrative section where it tells you to allow password to access SSH.

upload_2019-3-29_14-54-57.png

upload_2019-3-29_15-0-19.png

LOL correct on the Spanish in that administration page.
On the other hand no issues with IPv6 here and WAN IPV6 Gateway is filled correctly. Also using native with DHCP-PD

LOL correct on the Spanish in that administration page.
On the other hand no issues with IPv6 here and WAN IPV6 Gateway is filled correctly. Also using native with DHCP-PD
what are you using for your IPV4 address the generic 192.168.50.1 ? i am wondering if that is my issue bc i am not using that.

when I look on the IPV6 Page it shows my router is detecting it and filling it in but none of my clients are picking up internet from it. BTW i am using native/ stateless with all options enabled

my log is also getting flodded with
upload_2019-3-29_15-15-1.png

Using 192.168.1.1
Native, PPP, Stateless and everything else enabled in the IPV6 page
yea i have comcast dual stack which was supported last firmware, I am going so see if power cycling the modem will trigger something

this is something else I am noticing in logs.
upload_2019-3-29_15-21-16.png

well I used the feedback section on the router to provide detailed feed back to asus hopefully it helps them fix this issue.

I upgraded to this new firmware. Now my router no longer has an ability to detect Wan Gateway for my IPV6 connection. On the previous firmware i was having no issues with this. (I also did a factory reset on router to confirm this is an issue). Is there away i can remedy this in the meantime till asus fixes it? There is also something weird going on with the GUI as well. Especially when you see spanish on the administrative section where it tells you to allow password to access SSH.

View attachment 16750

View attachment 16751

Okay for any one interested in fixing this issue I only had to do a few things to fix it (though I do not think it will survive a Reboot)
  • I turned on Fleets Pass through service to find out what the Wan Gateway address was.
  • Switch back to native ipv6
  • I used SSH to type in this command " ip route add default via fe80::THE:REST:OF:THE:ADDRESS dev eth0"
  • then i used service restart_dnsmasq
now i have my ipv6 back to working. my fear is that it will not survive a reboot what is a more effective way of dealing with this issue?

-My solution was to Cat myself a script in jffs and make it load at restart. I just wish I knew if there was a way to sniff out this address incase it doesn't stay the same.

Last edited:
All the issues you guys are having were reported issues with the beta firmware 9.0.0.4_384_5781

Good to see Asus took those concerns and worked on those known problems
/sarcasm

C'mon Asus, pull your heads out your @$$ and release a decent updated firmware

So I managed to make a fix to make my IPV6 connection achieve connection to wan IPV6 Gateway using
ip route add default via fe80::THE:REST:OF:THE:ADDRESS dev eth0

I am trying to find away to request it to actually pull that ipv6 address instead of relying on the one I physically typed in, just incase the address changes.

So I managed to make a fix to make my IPV6 connection achieve connection to wan IPV6 Gateway using
ip route add default via fe80::THE:REST:OF:THE:ADDRESS dev eth0

I am trying to find away to request it to actually pull that ipv6 address instead of relying on the one I physically typed in, just incase the address changes.

I have tried this yet I can not get a IPV6 gateway to stick. I have tried using the restart_dnsmasq and also tried old fashion reboot; the WAN IPV6 gateway stays unlisted.

I only had a few minutes to mess with it. I assume I am just missing something in the process. Will try again tonight.

Hi, i've upgraded to the last firmware but issues are here again:

Wifi radar show me only ax11000 Ap itself (24G-5G-5G2) no other Ap around ( a bug or what?) my android ( galaxy S10 app) wifi analizer show me about 10 real Ap
last but not least: network map show some, but not all clients some of them disappear.
all my devices ( TV-recorder- camera) are connected behind a netgear GS108ev3 switch (the switch is not shown in the network map but it's ip is assigned by Asus DHCP the same thing for all devices attached to the switch the are not shown but they acquire the ip from Asus DHCP). on my old AC5300 all devices were correctly identified but not in this one.

I have tried this yet I can not get a IPV6 gateway to stick. I have tried using the restart_dnsmasq and also tried old fashion reboot; the WAN IPV6 gateway stays unlisted.

I only had a few minutes to mess with it. I assume I am just missing something in the process. Will try again tonight.

I used.putty to access /jffs/ and I made an executable script that runs with exescript when the router boots up when I get home I will explain my process to you better. Without the script running at reboot you will lose the gateway each time.

Hi, i've upgraded to the last firmware but issues are here again:

Wifi radar show me only ax11000 Ap itself (24G-5G-5G2) no other Ap around ( a bug or what?) my android ( galaxy S10 app) wifi analizer show me about 10 real Ap
last but not least: network map show some, but not all clients some of them disappear.
all my devices ( TV-recorder- camera) are connected behind a netgear GS108ev3 switch (the switch is not shown in the network map but it's ip is assigned by Asus DHCP the same thing for all devices attached to the switch the are not shown but they acquire the ip from Asus DHCP). on my old AC5300 all devices were correctly identified but not in this one.

This seems like a behavior issue caused by plugging a switch into the router. The network map will only see the switch because it is confused about all the signals. Atleast this is something I have noticed with the three switches I have on my network.

I would recommend if you have an old asus router or AP laying around use that instead of the switch at least it will play nicely with asus format like you notice with your rt ac 5300

Last edited:
FWIW - has anyone tried a real 11ax/WiFi6 client yet?

Seems that Samsung's Galaxy S10 is WiFi6 - early data shows with an Aruba 11ax AP is performance is similar to 11ac...

I ended up having to revert back to the stock firmware. Not only did I lose IPV6 connectivity as stated above by other people, my log started to show all these random errors that were not there before. On top of that, my 5G-2 kept disappearing or wasn't always connectable.

Have to wait for the next one I guess

From what I can tell, Asus really dropped the ball on this release. I am also noticing they messed up RTAC68 recent firmware release as well... I haven't looked at how the RTAC3100 or any other ones with their new release yet though. They really should have deeply beta tested these firmware before pushing them out as a "Good" release.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!