What's new

Router Borked - Help Needed

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tck81

Occasional Visitor
After many many successful firmware updates on my RT-AC68U I've ran into my first major problem. After updating to 386.3 I was given a prompt on my browser to manually reboot the router and so I did. This was strange to me as it's the first time I've ever seen such a thing. Now the router keeps rebooting every minute or so and I'm unable to access its webpage. I've tried Rescue Mode quite a few times but the Firmware Restoration software keeps saying, "The wireless router is not in rescue mode." The router is in rescue mode as the power light is slowly blinking. I've also reset NVRAM. I'm at a loss so any help is greatly appreciated.

Well I was able to enter into CFE and flash the firmware. I'm getting set up now so hopefully I won't run into any more issues.

Can I ask if you MAC addresses changed during the update? My wired MAC and 2.4 ghz now have identical MAC addresses but that seems odd to me. I don't know what my 2.4 was before the update.

My wired MAC and 2.4 ghz now have identical MAC addresses

Confirming the same MAC for LAN and 2.4GHz, AC86U running stock Asuswrt 386_44470.

Untitled_34.png

LAN and 2.4GHz MACs have always been identical, all the way back to 2012 when I got my first Asus router.