What's new

Router DNS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Why, if I may ask, not just "lan"? I've been using this for years without any issues, so I'm curious why you advice against it?
TBH there's no technical reason, if you understand what you're doing. I'm just a bit nervous about suggesting to non-networking people that they use a TLD. It seems unnecessarily cryptic and I have visions of them using .net or .org or something. :D Making them choose something that is meaningful to them might make the separation between LAN and WAN more obvious.

TBH there's no technical reason, if you understand what you're doing. I'm just a bit nervous about suggesting to non-networking people that they use a TLD. It seems unnecessarily cryptic and I have visions of them using .net or .org or something. :D Making them choose something that is meaningful to them might make the separation between LAN and WAN more obvious.

Don't know why, but every time I get an alert you're quoting one of my posts, I nearly sh*t my pants. But I totally forgot this was a direct question. Thanks for your reply, I understand what you're saying. Glad I'm not doing anything stupid by using .lan myself, it just made sense to me since I started using it.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!