What's new

router for open space 30-50m

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

andywee

Occasional Visitor
Hi all, I am looking for a recommendation, an unsual one. I am a photographer. I am looking for a router to be used in open space. it wont be deployed daily but on a adhoc basis. the camera to laptop would probably be as far as 30-40m, camera to router will be Line of Sight.
I already have a 1.8kw powerbank that is able to supply 12v. but am also able to figure out 19v if required.

the camera does both 2.4 and 5G. dont need AC speed as the cameras can probably only do 433mbps @ 5ghz but AC capabilies is welcomed.

any recommendations? or should I just drop the whole idea. I do have a RT-AC3100 that is rigged up with a 12-19v converter. I have yet to test it in field. is there a better option? I'm not sure if my RT-AC3100 on hand is USA or canada version , I had 2 units at 1 point of time.

How important are the images captured? How 'unique' and one of a kind will they be?

I would buy more SD cards instead.

Moving the images to a computer manually and keep shooting with a fresh card.

well, as I shoot the client will be at the laptop. and I would be on a boom crane or scissors lift. that's just one of the examples when the camera exceeds 5m(cable length) unless I can find a way to do USB repeating cables until they are 20m long.