What's new

Router stops responding, no DHCP, but it's still offering up the Internet.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I have the same router & this issue has been around for quite awhile.
From my experience I can go months without any problems at all but as soon as I connect my mobile or other device via wifi, within the next day or so I have this exact problem: Internet works but devices themselves can't reach the internet. I can also connect to the router remotely via external network connection throuh VPN, & some times I can get past the router (connecting to cameras) & some times I can't. And despite running Skynet & having it make sure internet works, it doesn't solve this issue.

If I turn the firewall off/on it seems to go back to normal until it happens again. So it's more like it's blocking an IP from routing through, which would be same or similar as no DHCP?

I have the same router & this issue has been around for quite awhile.
From my experience I can go months without any problems at all but as soon as I connect my mobile or other device via wifi, within the next day or so I have this exact problem: Internet works but devices themselves can't reach the internet. I can also connect to the router remotely via external network connection throuh VPN, & some times I can get past the router (connecting to cameras) & some times I can't. And despite running Skynet & having it make sure internet works, it doesn't solve this issue.

If I turn the firewall off/on it seems to go back to normal until it happens again. So it's more like it's blocking an IP from routing through, which would be same or similar as no DHCP?

Can you still get to the UI then?

Yes, not always but I find not being able to access the UI happens even without this issue. So like I can access the internet with my PC, but then occasionally can't access the router UI for some reason, usually clearing my browsers cache sorts that out but don't think that has anything to do with this issue.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!