What's new

RP-AC68U New firmware 3.0.0.4.382.40019

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I wish I had seen this thread earlier. I spent a week off and on figuring out exactly what you all reported here. Clients couldn't connect or stay connected reliably after the krack vulnerability security update.

Manually rolled back to 10513 and life is good again. I almost bought a new repeater because I didn't initially associate the bad firmware update with the issue. Initially it worked for a few hours and it would work for a short time after a reboot. I was rebooting the repeater several times a day. I will not be updating, maybe ever. I'm not in a high risk location for it and my main router, an RT-AC5300, is the one exposed to the outside internet. You have to be on my land to even see my repeater signal.

I wish I had seen this thread earlier. I spent a week off and on figuring out exactly what you all reported here. Clients couldn't connect or stay connected reliably after the krack vulnerability security update.

Manually rolled back to 10513 and life is good again. I almost bought a new repeater because I didn't initially associate the bad firmware update with the issue. Initially it worked for a few hours and it would work for a short time after a reboot. I was rebooting the repeater several times a day. I will not be updating, maybe ever. I'm not in a high risk location for it and my main router, an RT-AC5300, is the one exposed to the outside internet. You have to be on my land to even see my repeater signal.

Here's another interesting thing I just ran into. Inexplicably the repeater stopped doing DHCP lookups a couple of weeks ago. Keep in mind, I've had the same settings for a couple of years. So devices would get an IP address when it first starts, but would soon stop working. After tweaking around with the settings under "Lan IP" I had to set "Get LAN IP Automatically" to "yes." I've always had it statically set so this new change seems related to something else like the main router now not letting it pass through and do DHCP once a new device connects through the repeater. However, if a connection was initiated on the main router and the device "roams" to the repeater, everything was fine.

I'm glad I fiddled with the settings again and found a solution because I was about to buy a new repeater, again. Keep in mind I'm running the same firmware we've already been discussing, 10513. I'm resigned to never updating it.

Hi, just for the record, 4 weeks ago I took the plunge and finally cabled the distance between my repeater (rp-ac68) and the main router (rt-ax88u), so that I could use the repeater in *access point* mode. I then tested the configuration with the 2017 firmware (10513) and afterwards with the 2018 one (40019) which I had last year rolled back from due to instability...
well, I have to say that 40019 works *correctly* in access point mode, after an almost 2 weeks test, both cabled ports and wifi access is performing flawlessly, even for TV streaming which is what proved unstable in expressway mode last year.

have you triedit in bridge mode ? ithought this was about new FW not last years 40019

have you triedit in bridge mode ? ithought this was about new FW not last years 40019
As you may know, there is not yet a newer firmware published. I just wanted to document that it can work well at least in some configurations.. because we all bashed it hard last year... and no, I have not tested bridge mode.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!