What's new

RT-AC2900 Web GUI down

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Drifter

Occasional Visitor
This is a new router, just 2 days old, I received on this Saturday. Everything was working fine for first 2 days and now I can't access the Web Gui.

Everything else works fine, like LAN, connecting to net. I am using http only and got the latest firmware installed.

I also tried to connect to the GUI using different browsers, but there is no response.

I am trying to access it remotely now. SSH is also not enabled.

Will have to wait till Friday evening for a hard reboot.

everything was up and running till Sunday evening, thats the last time I accessed the Web GUI and it was fine.

and the only change I did after that is to turn off the LED lights by clicking the button on the back, I had to click 2 or 3 times so that the lights are off.

Don't know if its related, don't think so but still

OK. Here's a really silly thought. For years the default IP for Asus was 192.168.1.1 Recently that was changed to 192.168.50.1 Is it possible you're simply using the wrong IP? Yeah, I know, that was kind of silly.

The default IP was 192.168.0.1, when I got it. I manually set it to 192.168.1.1.

came back home after a restart I got the GUI back.

first thing is to enable ssh now :)

The default IP was 192.168.0.1, when I got it. I manually set it to 192.168.1.1.

came back home after a restart I got the GUI back.

first thing is to enable ssh now :)

First time I’ve ever heard of 192.168.0.1 for an ASUS router.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!