What's new

RT-AC3100 Not seeing Tablet

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Xyphon112

New Around Here
Hey all,

I'm having an odd issue with my AC3100 router. I have two that are setup exactly the same and both express this issue and I can't make heads or tails of it.

The deal is that when I connect my android phone, Pixel 3 or 4, the router sees the device, I'm able to connect it via tethering and share the LTE signal through the router. The tablet, TCL TAB 8 on the other hand is not showing up on the USB 2.0 or 3.0 connections and I can't figure out why. It will initially show up when the tablet is plugged in, but once I switch the connection type on the tablet to USB tethering it disappears from the router. I saw another post on this forum saying to switch the primary WAN to USB, disabling Dual WAN, changing the USB mode to select USB device to USB modem, switching the physical cords on the device and some other things that I'm forgetting. Does anyone have any ideas as to what's going on?

Right now I need this setup for my home internet and the workaround I'm trying is to use the router as a repeater for the LTE signal, but with that I'm unsure if the JFFS partition I setup will still keep the TTL set to 65 or not. Does anyone know if the router is still able to change the TTL through JFFS in repeater mode? If not, is there a way to effectively hide tether usage through PDAnet+?

Thanks for your help.

Any ideas if there's a way to troubleshoot and actually diagnose why the router isn't allowing the tethering connection to the tablet? Or if EasyTether or PDAnet+ will work to sneak around the tethering usage limits while it's in repeater mode?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!