What's new

RT-AC5300 3.0.0.4.384_20379 Fixed KRACK

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I never did this before. Would i have to reconfigure the router after this. Incl. Vpn server, passwords etc. Or could i save the configuration and upload it?
It's best to reconfigure from scratch. Yes, it takes some time but well worth it to keep from having strange issues.

It's best to reconfigure from scratch. Yes, it takes some time but well worth it to keep from having strange issues.
All, I'm new here but wanted to report my problem with Version: 3.0.0.4.384_20379. I purchased the RT-AC3100 last June. All was well until I updated the device with this FW version. After that, any changes made to any part of the WiFi sections locked up the router and shut off the WiFi broadcasts. You could go into System Status and see that one of the cores was maxed out at 100%. Doing a GUI reboot doesn't fix it. Doing a red button reset just clears out all the entered info but doesn't prevent it from happening again. The only fix when it gets there is to remove and restore power. After 2 weeks with ASUS support not being able to help, I took it back to Best Buy and they replaced it. Asus responded a day later saying it was a chipset defect and they'd swap it. When I got the new router set up, everything was fine. I was leery of updating the FW but the new FW resolves the KRACK virus and didn't want to leave that exposed. Sure enough, updating to that FW does the same thing to the new router. Any change to WiFi such as changing a password, turning Guest Network off or on or changing a WiFi broadcast channel sends this thing into its same problem. WiFI indicators are lit but no WiFi. Connected devices shows only Ethernet connected devices. I did perform the reset at the back of the unit after doing the FW update but it does not prevent the issue from reoccurring when any WiFi setting is changed.

All, I'm new here but wanted to report my problem with Version: 3.0.0.4.384_20379. I purchased the RT-AC3100 last June. All was well until I updated the device with this FW version. After that, any changes made to any part of the WiFi sections locked up the router and shut off the WiFi broadcasts. You could go into System Status and see that one of the cores was maxed out at 100%. Doing a GUI reboot doesn't fix it. Doing a red button reset just clears out all the entered info but doesn't prevent it from happening again. The only fix when it gets there is to remove and restore power. After 2 weeks with ASUS support not being able to help, I took it back to Best Buy and they replaced it. Asus responded a day later saying it was a chipset defect and they'd swap it. When I got the new router set up, everything was fine. I was leery of updating the FW but the new FW resolves the KRACK virus and didn't want to leave that exposed. Sure enough, updating to that FW does the same thing to the new router. Any change to WiFi such as changing a password, turning Guest Network off or on or changing a WiFi broadcast channel sends this thing into its same problem. WiFI indicators are lit but no WiFi. Connected devices shows only Ethernet connected devices. I did perform the reset at the back of the unit after doing the FW update but it does not prevent the issue from reoccurring when any WiFi setting is changed.
You could always try to rest with the WPS button.

Q: How do I wipe my settings? Reset button does not work.
A: If the firmware fails to boot, then the reset button won't work. Turn the router off, press the WPS button. While keeping it pressed turn the router back on. Wait a few seconds, then release the WPS button. Settings will be back to factory defaults.

Have you ever send feedback by Feedback function? Which ASUS Support you contacted, call center or others?

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 ASUS_Z012DA 發送

Yes, I contacted the email customer support desk. All replies from them, (there have been 24 of them) came from servicecenter_am@asus.com. I reported the problem initially on Feb 26. I sent in logs as requested. I believe you have a FW bug with this version. I am in product development of devices that use device FW as well and see this from time to time. All is fine unless I try to make any settings change to any WiFi setting.

Since I upgraded this firmware, the router hangs frequently (can be twice a day or more), also time to time no internet connection at all. What is the Proper (Best) way for factory reset?

Just do all 3 .. reset from webui 1st , reset button 2nd and WPS button 3rd

P.S. And do new setup do not load your config, as you just load all your problems back in

Just do all 3 .. reset from webui 1st , reset button 2nd and WPS button 3rd

P.S. And do new setup do not load your config, as you just load all your problems back in
Thanks, one clarification in WebUI is "Initiate" or "Reload" to perform this?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!