What's new

RT-AC5300 and Spectrum IPV6

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Charles Williamson

New Around Here
Just upgraded to Spectrum Gig service and the Spectrum Docsis 3.1 eMta (Ubee E31u2v1). I have tried configuring the IPV6 settings in merlin 384.6 but I can not get an external IPV6 IP. My router is issuing internal IPV6 IP but they start with fe and from what I have read that is the same thing as an IPV4 that starts with 192.

Looking to see if any members have IPV6 working with Charter Spectrum and can advise me on proper setup.

TIA

I just have regular spectrum cable which used to be Charter communications. All I did was turn on IPv6 and leave the defaults and it has worked fine for me.

IMG_0866.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, I turned on Native mode but I am not pulling any IPV6 info, evidently IPV6 is not enabled in my area or there is another problem.

Appreciate the screen shot!

Try rebooting the modem. Leave the router as is and see if you then get an ipv6. This is what I do when I loose my ipv6. I'm in the LA area.

In order for you to get ipv6 on your router you need to enable it on you cable modem

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Tapatalk

The ubee 31U2V1 does not have a user accessible configuration in bridge mode. IPV6 MUST be enabled since I am able to pull an IPV6 IP when I connect my laptop direct.

(posted on dslreports as well)

Did a bunch of troubleshooting but found no solutions.

Factory reset RT-AC5300, loaded latest ASUS software and tested, no IPV6.
Factory reset RT-AC5300, reloaded Merlin 384.6 and tested, no IPV6.
Connected laptop direct to modem, I get an IPV6 address and am able to browse.

One of things I noticed is that my router always pulls the same IP address while my laptop pulls a completely different one... thought I was on to something and tried cloning the mac to the router... it pulled a different IP address but still no IPV6. When I cleared the cloned mac I was back to the original IPV4 IP. I thought this might be caused by by Asus DDNS service but I get the same IPV4 IP regardless of that cert being loaded.

Are there logs I should be looking at and anything in particular that I should be looking for... this has turned into a pea under my mattress!

I was trying to get it on bridge mode I couldn't figure it out

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Tapatalk

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!