What's new

RT-AC5300 drops LAN & Wifi after custom ad block install

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

micjgam

New Around Here
So... I pulled a script from the site below to build a small ad blocker on my router. I did this over a year ago with the same script with no issues. In that year, I had to reset the router due to connectivity issues. Tonight, I SSH'd in, created the script and ran and rebooted the router. Now, I have no LAN or WiFi connectivity. Firmware is current at 386.7.2.

Here is the link to the script site...

So... I pulled a script from the site below to build a small ad blocker on my router. I did this over a year ago with the same script with no issues. In that year, I had to reset the router due to connectivity issues. Tonight, I SSH'd in, created the script and ran and rebooted the router. Now, I have no LAN or WiFi connectivity. Firmware is current at 386.7.2.

Here is the link to the script site...

UPDATE:

Cleared /jffs partition at reboot and connectivity was restored.

Still would like to know why connectivity dropped just by adding a adblock script and cron job...

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!