What's new

RT-AC5300 Firmware 3.0.0.4.384_81219 & Let's Encrypt renew

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Googe

Occasional Visitor
Has anyone tried this new (3.0.0.4.384_81219) firmware on their RT-AC5300? I was curious if it fixes getting a Let's Encrypt certificate renewed.

nothing about LE in change log: ASUS RT-AC5300 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.81219
Security fix
- Fixed a DDoS vulnerability. Thanks for Altin Thartori's contribution.
Bug fix
- Fixed web control interface login problem.
- Fixed Network map clist list issues.
- Fixed block internet access problem when clients connected to AiMesh node
- Fixed Samba server compatibility issue.
- Fixed OpenVPN related bugs.
- Fixed schedule reboot bugs.
- Improved AiMesh connection issue with ASUS Lyra series products.
- Improved system stability.
- Fixed User interface related bugs.

Has anyone tried this new (3.0.0.4.384_81219) firmware on their RT-AC5300? I was curious if it fixes getting a Let's Encrypt certificate renewed.
I just tried it and started having buffering issues in Twitch that I'd never had before. Rolled back and it went away.

Admittedly I didn't do a factory default and start fresh.. Just didn't have time to go through all of that today.

Sorry to drag up an old thread. My AC5300 Node was running fine for 3 months with no reboots. Updated FW today to 3.0.0.4.384_81219-g786875a and now it continuously cycles from being offline to online (weak signal).

Admittedly it was quite far from my main router to begin with and signal wasn’t great but had no such issues before the update, so I feel the update may have reduced signal strength?

Does moving it a few feet in any direction (including up/down and simply rotating it) help?

Maybe it changed WiFi channel on master router and uses now weaker channels than before, set fix channels and test them all 2,4G and 5GHz for improvement.

Haven’t had a chance to move it around but will play around with it today thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just to update, the connection quality was showing (when i rechecked) as -69dBm so i moved it closer. It’s now -60dBm and has been stable for over 8hrs whereas it was cycling the connection every hour before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone try this?
I gave up waiting on ASUS fixing the Let's Encrypt issue on the RT-AC5300 a few weeks ago and installed my own certificate. So no, I personally didn't try the Beta. I have issues running release versions of firmware on this router, so I'm not going there...

Hey Guys,

there is a new firmware for RT-AC5300. Feb 2020 Update.

regards Wayne

I reset my RT-AC5300 and updated to 3.0.0.4.384_81622-g1a80b89. Very stable so far, System log seems normal, nothing out of the ordinary being reported. Also, this firmware seems to have fixed a bug with Firmware check update and signature version check not working at all with the previous version. I still don't know if it resolves the Let's Encrypt (bug) not being able to update (as I installed a third party SSL cert and I really don't want to break it to test it).

I reset my RT-AC5300 and updated to 3.0.0.4.384_81622-g1a80b89. Very stable so far, System log seems normal, nothing out of the ordinary being reported. Also, this firmware seems to have fixed a bug with Firmware check update and signature version check not working at all with the previous version. I still don't know if it resolves the Let's Encrypt (bug) not being able to update (as I installed a third party SSL cert and I really don't want to break it to test it).

At least a couple of us have been having high CPU usage ~100% after upgrading to the Feb 2020 firmware. Let us know yours runs after a day or so.

Have a look at this thread:
http://www.snbforums.com/threads/ac5300-performance-high-cpu-or-not-and-aimesh.62468/

At least a couple of us have been having high CPU usage ~100% after upgrading to the Feb 2020 firmware. Let us know yours runs after a day or so.

Have a look at this thread:
http://www.snbforums.com/threads/ac5300-performance-high-cpu-or-not-and-aimesh.62468/

jazzer,

I have not had any high CPU usage (like in the thread referenced above) using 3.0.0.4.384_81622-g1a80b89.
I would check System Status CPU through out the day, occasionally I'd see both cores peaking around ~30% , otherwise I'm consistently around 1% to 5% CPU core usage.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!