What's new

RT-AC5300 Non responsive web gui

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

fountopa

Occasional Visitor
Dear all,
The last couple of weeks I am facing a very annoying problem with AC5300 web gui that stopped responding. Router was operating since August with Merlin's 380.61 fw without any problem till end of March when i upgraded it to 380.65.
To make a long story short, here is the status and/or actions taken so far:
1. Router is always functioning (uninterrupted access to internet, uninterrupted wifi connections, telent/ssh, ping, etc)
2. Web gui works only for a couple of days or so (i.e. 4-5 logon attempts) and then stops responding
3. Downgrading back to 380.61 changed nothing
4. Reset to factory defs three to four times so far
5. Needs 2-3 reboots (hw and sw) for web gui to work but again goes to 2.
Any help/advice/suggestion will be much appreciated.
Regards
PF

All I can say is that I have been running 380.65 since it came out and only rebooted once when doing MAC and IP address Binding. Other then that it has been rock solid.

Good luck, I hope you get this resolved ASAP.

On my Work i have the exact same problem. Its not a router problem because at home i have a RT-N66U and on my work is a AC66U.
The AC66U Always gave me problems when accessing the gui and i could not login. After flashing original updates, merlin and factory defaulted the router it still did not resolve the issue.
I even switched the routers which at home i never have this problem. But on work even my personal router is having problems. But i dont know what can couse it.

Hope someone can help us.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!