What's new

RT-AC5300 VPN Issues

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bmcgalliard

New Around Here
Hi,
New member here and first post. I found this forum through a Google search. I have just purchased the RT-AC5300 and so far it is a great Router. I am currently running firmware 3.0.0.4.380.3341. From what I have read there have been a lot of issues with this version. I have worked through most and or configured to get it running good. The only deal breaker I am having is while I have a VPN session into my company I am unable to open any websites that my company allows i.e. Microsoft. I have tried hardware resets on the router a different RT-AC5300 completely and changing every option that would cause the router to block this to no avail. I know its the router because I can tether to my phone and web sites open. Hooked directly to the cable modem and the web sites open. Right now I had to put my old Netgear router back into the network just so I could work from home, and guess what the web sites open from VPN. Has anybody else had this issue? This is obviously a deal breaker for me since I work from home. I like the router, but need to get this addressed. I have considered rolling the firmware back using the recovery utility as a last resort, but thought I would post here first.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!