What's new

RT-AC66U - Disappointing so far...

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I'm looking forward to the release of RMerlin's version of build 372, I used RMerlin firmware from the early releases. Just recently I tried DDWRT before returning to RM's latest beta release. I had few issues DDWRT but I did feel it was solid for gaming over ethernet, however RM's is much easier to use and the wireless performance is much more consistant.

I hope the small issues with gaming (wired) are due to the latency issues discussed earier in this thread.

@RMerlin
I eagerly await your latest firmware release and thank you for all the hard work you've put in to support AC66U.

Have a whiskey on me

Chucky

I was kind of disappointed with this router. I bought 2 just last week. 1 as a mainrouter behind my ISP modem, and 1 as a mediabridge in another building seperated by 2 wooden walls and totally 5 meters between them. In my first attempt I used the same SSID for all 3 SSID's (The mediabridge uses 5HHz for communication with the main router and exposes the 2.4 GHz to connect to). That configuration might not have been the best as the wifi connection wasn't the most stable, DHCP did often not work (Got connection, but no ip-address for the device.
So I changed the main routers 2.4 and 5 GHz SSID's to unique names and disabled the connection type under the IPV6 section and suddenly it's very stable and haven't had a problem the last two days. Running firmware 3.0.0.4.372_0 on both devices.

Benny

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!