What's new

RT-AC66U not accessible anymore

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

guidoh

New Around Here
Hi guys, i hope you can help me. since several weeks i haven't been able to reach my router settings through the internet anymore. I haven't changed any settings and resets also don't help.

Anybody else having this issue or know how to solve this?

I'm running the 378.56 build.

How are you connecting? I had a problem with the secure shell when logging in after connecting to the OpenVPN server of router. I would type ssh username@192.XXX.XXX.XXX, and I would get no response asking for password. This fixed it in Linux, open terminal and run:
Code:
sudo ip li set mtu 1200 dev tun0
If your not using OpenVPN and have your router open to the Internet and you want to test my suggestion change tun0 to wlan0, eth0 etc. It worked for me, just for logging in via SSH, my AC68U web gui has always came up though.

How are you connecting?
I'm connecting through the DDNS service from Asus: xxx.asuscomm.com which used to work. Even if i use my WAN-adress instead of the DDNS i can't access so looks like ASUS service isn't to blaim.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!