What's new

RT-AC66U pppoe

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

DF2002

New Around Here
Hi, I just switched my RT-AC66U over from an earlier build of Tomato Shibby..... and loaded up Merlin's 3.0.0.4.374.38_2 (Merlin build).

I have things up and running, but was wondering if the Merlin firmware has an option for me to enter my ISP modem's IP address so I can still connect to it? (Tomato had this feature to enter your ISP modem IP).

By default, the ISP modem is on a different subnet from my LAN. However, with Tomato I was able to jump right to the GUI just by entering the IP in a browser.

Thanks!

Hello,
I have my RT-AC87U behind my ISP box, this box has 192.168.99.1 as IP, and I defined my RT-AC87U to have 192.168.1.1. as IP.
I noticed that by default (and I am still wondering how it is possible ...) from any of my 192.168.1.x machine, I do have access to my ISP BOX via 192.168.99.1 ..... :eek: and from any 192.168.99.x machine I have access to all 192.168.1.x machines .....

I also noticed that my RT-AC87U gets 198.168.99.5 IP from my ISP BOX .... so, in fact, I was also believing that I would have 2 separate subnets, but apparently and by default, it works the opposite .... if anyone can explain, I would be grateful ....
GS

nota: could you indicate where on Tomato you have this ((Tomato had this feature to enter your ISP modem IP).

Mine is just plugged in to the WAN port, and has the IP of 192.168.2.1 - my LAN is 192.168.5.x

I use a PPPoA to PPPoE bridge modem (Vigor 120), and the IP is manually set on the modem.

Hi, I just switched my RT-AC66U over from an earlier build of Tomato Shibby..... and loaded up Merlin's 3.0.0.4.374.38_2 (Merlin build).

I have things up and running, but was wondering if the Merlin firmware has an option for me to enter my ISP modem's IP address so I can still connect to it? (Tomato had this feature to enter your ISP modem IP).

By default, the ISP modem is on a different subnet from my LAN. However, with Tomato I was able to jump right to the GUI just by entering the IP in a browser.

Thanks!
You need to add a couple of custom user scripts, namely:

nat-start

#!/bin/sh
iptables -t nat -I POSTROUTING -o `nvram get wan0_ifname` -j MASQUERADE

and wan-start

#!/bin/sh
ifconfig `nvram get wan0_ifname`:0 192.168.2.2 netmask 255.255.255.0

In the wan-start script replace 192.168.2.2 with the ip address of your modem plus 1, i.e. if your modem is 192.168.2.1 then enter 192.168.2.2

You can get info on how to add user scripts here:

https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin/wiki/User-scripts