What's new

RT-AC68R Can't access my WAN IP from inside the LAN?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

AtariBaby

New Around Here
I just bought this thing and it's pretty impressive, but I have a bit of a problem.

With previous routers, I've always been able to use various apps that monitor systems at home, using http:///(external IP address):(port), whether I was home on the LAN or accessing remotely from the internet.

Now I can't do it internally, only externally. This is a problem for me. I have some apps that monitor processes using the external IP. I could access some of the webpages internally by using the internal IP, but a couple of programs I use would require me to open up Preferences and change the IP address from internal to external every time I came and went.

Is there a way for me to get this to work? I box that must be checked or unchecked somewhere?

Last edited:
if you want to access wireless router through WAN IP . you must enable "enable web access from WAN" function . path:administrator-system

if you want to access wireless router through WAN IP . you must enable "enable web access from WAN" function . path:administrator-system

That has nothing to do with the OP problem.

P.S. RMerlin announced that asus have a fix for this and are intergrating it right now. Hopefully it will be in the next fw.

That has nothing to do with the OP problem.

P.S. RMerlin announced that asus have a fix for this and are intergrating it right now. Hopefully it will be in the next fw.

To be accurate, I sent them a fix. No word on whether they will integrate it or not. My fix might very well create other potential problems that I can't foresee, for example.

To be accurate, I sent them a fix. No word on whether they will integrate it or not. My fix might very well create other potential problems that I can't foresee, for example.

Is your fix in the alpha?

Firmware:3.0.0.4.374.35_alpha3 (Merlin build)

with HW Acc on, Natloop back is working very well. stange :)

check attachment file.

Attachments

• asus.jpg
    asus.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 429
Firmware:3.0.0.4.374.35_alpha3 (Merlin build)

with HW Acc on, Natloop back is working very well. stange :)

check attachment file.

It is not strange. RMerlin has obviously included his fix in that firmware.