What's new

RT-AC68U 386.4 upgrade error

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

charmander

New Around Here
I have a RT-AC68U running 386.3_2 Merlin firmware. When I try to upgrade it to 386.4, I get the following error:

Invalid Firmware Upload
Firmware upgrade unsuccessful. This might result from incorrect image or error transmission, please check the model name RT-AC68U and version of firmware from support site and try again.

The SHA256 hash of the trx file I downloaded matches up with the hash published on the website (9999CD9A12F97F927AF0298A295DCFE269C71E21053E3AE17B4BEC4DCE0A69A8).

Please advise.

Did you perhaps grab the AC86U rather than the AC68U? I've seen users transpose like this before.

AC68U has 256MB RAM. Remove USB drives, if you have any, reboot and try again. Asuswrt-Merlin 386.4 loads fine on my AC68U and AC1900P.

Got it to work. I rebotted it few times and disconnected all devices from the router to get it to work. Thanks for the help!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!