What's new

RT-AC68U and AICloud issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

troyb1

New Around Here
I have the RT-AC68U and when i first set it up I was able to use my android phone with the aicloud app and download mp3 files on a shared folder on my windows 10 pc outside my home network. Then one day I was no longer able to download the files outside my home network. When I would click on file download in the aicloud app it would say file transfer failed. Now if I am home connected to my network it will download. Can someone please help me with this. I called Asus support but they just blamed it on windows.

I have the RT-AC68U and when i first set it up I was able to use my android phone with the aicloud app and download mp3 files on a shared folder on my windows 10 pc outside my home network. Then one day I was no longer able to download the files outside my home network. When I would click on file download in the aicloud app it would say file transfer failed. Now if I am home connected to my network it will download. Can someone please help me with this. I called Asus support but they just blamed it on windows.
Possible you have a problem with the DDNS and your phone is not using the right IP address. Happens from time to time with Asus.

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

Possible you have a problem with the DDNS and your phone is not using the right IP address. Happens from time to time with Asus.

could you explain to me how to fix that. thank you for your reply

could you explain to me how to fix that. thank you for your reply
Wait for Asus to fix it. I tested mine this morning and it worked well. Make sure you connect, with the AICloud app, to the router inside your LAN before taking the mobile on the road.

Wait for Asus to fix it. I tested mine this morning and it worked well. Make sure you connect, with the AICloud app, to the router inside your LAN before taking the mobile on the road.

I just re-read your post. Problem could be with your Windows PC if you have upgraded to version 1709. We had issues with file sharing today on a newly upgraded PC. While not resolved yet research leads us to think it could be that SMB1 is not installed or running on the 1709 machine. As the remote connect in Asus router likely uses SMB1 that may be your issue, too.

I just re-read your post. Problem could be with your Windows PC if you have upgraded to version 1709. We had issues with file sharing today on a newly upgraded PC. While not resolved yet research leads us to think it could be that SMB1 is not installed or running on the 1709 machine. As the remote connect in Asus router likely uses SMB1 that may be your issue, too.

I had this issue on a Windows 10 PC at work connecting to an old Windows XP host. The fix was;

Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features\Turn Windows features on or off
Enable Client and Server and disable Automatic Removal

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!