What's new

RT-AC68U - cant connect to admin page on 192.168.1.1 all the time

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Same problem here. This is a really big problem.

I've also tried the 4561version without success.

Your router only has 256 MB of RAM, and a low speed CPU. You have to ensure you don't torrent large, highly popular files without first adjusting your number of concurrent settings, or you will overload the router. The device is primarily a router, it does not have the horsepower to share Blu-ray rips to 200+ concurrent peers.

The point is that I nerver had this problem until I upgrade the firmware.
What we should do in order to solve it?

This is one of the greatest points of this router, if I can not use it...it's a huge problem. :(

Same problem here. This is a really big problem.

I've also tried the 4561version without success.

The point is that I nerver had this problem until I upgrade the firmware.
What we should do in order to solve it?

This is one of the greatest points of this router, if I can not use it...it's a huge problem. :(

No idea. Personally I don't use Download Master, as I believe torrenting from your front router is a bad idea, plus Download Master isn't exactly reliable.

I already posted in other thread about the last firmware issue and the router itself.
I got it 1x week ago and im seriously planning to take it back and change it to another brand.

I'm unable to reach the router webpage several times per day.
This situation often happens after other issues like IO copy failed (Samba)

Should I give a try to Alpha 4?

I already posted in other thread about the last firmware issue and the router itself.
I got it 1x week ago and im seriously planning to take it back and change it to another brand.

I'm unable to reach the router webpage several times per day.
This situation often happens after other issues like IO copy failed (Samba)

Should I give a try to Alpha 4?

Inability of accessing the webui while the rest of the router still works is often caused by the computer's security software. This is most commonly experienced with Eset's security softwares.

USB support is always tricky for a myriad of reasons. One, most USB enclosure manufacturers don't even test their products under Linux. Some Vantec enclosures for instance won't work at all with the Asus firmware (but they will work with mine since I patched the kernel to workaround some quirks of those enclosures). There is also the fact that many USB powered enclosures (common with the 2.5" variety) simply don't get enough power to be reliable. This is most commonly seen when using these with a laptop or a router (I even saw Seagate products fail to work properly on an actual server - I had to add an external AC adapter to make them stable).

Personally, I think that nothing beats a real NAS when it comes to sharing files over a LAN. Most of these issues will occur with other manufacturers as well, it's not specific to Asus.

As for the reboot issues, Asus resolved them in 374_4887.

The inability to access web ui happened to me during large Time Machine backups (those backup failed too).
I noticed that free RAM was about 15 MB a few minutes before web ui became unavailable.
I enabled swap and its been 7 days without any problem yet.
You should give it a try. Enable swap. 256 MB of ram its not too much if you are using all the features the router has.

Try it and tell me!

P.S: The only problem I has with this is that if I reset the router, the swap is not turned on automatically. I tried configuring the /jffs/scripts/post-mount file with the: swapon /tmp/mnt/SHARED/myswap.swp command.
But it think that the script is never called.
I had to create this script because I didn't exist. RMerlin, it is located in another place in your build?
Or how can I do to enable this script?
Thank you so much!!

Damian.

P.S: The only problem I has with this is that if I reset the router, the swap is not turned on automatically. I tried configuring the /jffs/scripts/post-mount file with the: swapon /tmp/mnt/SHARED/myswap.swp command.
But it think that the script is never called.
I had to create this script because I didn't exist. RMerlin, it is located in another place in your build?
Or how can I do to enable this script?
Thank you so much!!

Damian.

Make sure you insert a shebang at the start of the script, and also that it's executable.

Well I have the same problem and got it since some recent updates of the merlin firmware. Earlier versions worked fine.
Problem started maybe 2 moths ago but Im not using ANY torrent applications or any timemachine backup applications. All im doing with my router is what you normally do with a router... all internet works for the household as well but every now and then I suddenly cant connect to my routers 192.168.1.1 nomatther what I try and which computer I try it on.

Only way to reach it is through a hard reboot of the router. Then it works for couple of days with no issues.. But eventually problem will always be back.. "page cannot be displayed" directly when I try to reach it...

Got my ac68u yesterday and having the same problem.

Laptop (win8.1) connects to the gui
Android phones and tables connects fine.
but my windows desktop (win8.1) can't connect, login prompt ok then nothing, same desktop with kubuntu the gui loads fine.

Got my ac68u yesterday and having the same problem.

Laptop (win8.1) connects to the gui
Android phones and tables connects fine.
but my windows desktop (win8.1) can't connect, login prompt ok then nothing, same desktop with kubuntu the gui loads fine.

Disable your security suite, or at least whitelist the IP of your router. This is mostly common with Eset and Kasperski's suites.

I have the same problem that I do not reach the GUI. (10.0.0.1)
Not with computer, laptop, phone or tablet.
A few hours later, the GUI is available again.

Have no downloadmaster or torrent running. It just depends on a Synology NAS on the LAN and the PC.

And I'm only using a USB modem to the Internet.
When I have no Internet connection, the GUI is never reached. Except I reboot the router.

If i have internet, I can reach the GUI often. But not always

Maybe thats the problem.

I've just looked at the log.

Then I noticed that here about every 5 seconds gives this message.

Sep 29 15:41:18 kernel: DROP IN=usb0 OUT= MAC=00:a0:c6:00:00:00:02:50:f3:00:00:00:08:00 SRC=89.144.214.69 DST=178.114.80.91 LEN=60 TOS=0x00 PREC=0x00 TTL=114 ID=4422 PROTO=ICMP TYPE=8 CODE=0 ID=28911 SEQ=5592

And in this time the GUI was not available.

See also Logfile

Firmware: Merlin 376.74
Auf AC68

Attachments

• Log AC68.zip
    10.1 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!