What's new

RT-AC68U, Gmail, Thunderbird and 3G/4G connection issues

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

FraMan

New Around Here
I have an RT-AC68U that connects an HUAWEY E372 with the italian carrier TIM. From the firmware 3.0.0.4.374.5656 and with the latest Merlin Firmware I can't open the INBOX GMAIL folder with Thunderbird (both Linux and Windows); the other folders (SENT, SUBFOLDERS) are regulary loaded.
I find problems with some pages while browsing too, largely with the "instant" services of google, ebay (the page is loaded but not completely), and others live services. The latest completely working Firmware is 3.0.0.4.374.4422.

I've tried to change the RT-AC68U with an RT-AC66U, to change the key E372(3G+), with an E392 (4G) and with a E1750(3G), but with the latest firmware of both routers I have these problems.
The firmware 3.0.0.4.374.4422 works fine, but this doesn't allow you to select the type of network (2G, 3G, 4G) and this is a big problem for me (For example if I use E392 with 4422 I can't select "4G Only network" and so with Auto settings the router chooses 3G network, or 4422 doesn't supports 4G).

which could be the problem?
Thanks!

I had the same problem. The only solution i found was to install DD-WRT firmware. Now it works perfectly.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!