What's new

RT-AC68U Guest Wlan option to Modify after initial config ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

degrub

Part of the Furniture
Latest 386 firmware, not beta, hard factory resets done multiple times after firmware update. Manual config each time.

After i initially Enable a guest wlan i am only given the option to “Remove”. This actually doesn’t seem to do anything other than disable the Guest wlan. If i select Enable again the same settings are there as before. The manual indicates a Modify option should be there as well, but it is not showing up.

Is it there in your configuration screen for Guest Wlan ?

i have had no issues with any of the other configuration settings that i can tell.

i am using latest Chrome, Firefox, and IE for Win7 64bit. All have the same result.

Has anyone else seen this sort of issue ?
Is this a hardware issue ?
Is this a firmware loading issue ?
Any ideas ?

I assume you talk about Guest Network.
There is indeed no real Remove option, it is more a Disable and the settings are remembered.
Once a Guest Network is created or Enabled again, you can Modify it right away and Apply your changes.

For some reason, when i saw the settings grayed out, i did not expect hovering over the setting and clicking would allow me to edit the settings again. Thank you for that spur to go try again in a different way !

Latest 386 firmware, not beta, hard factory resets done multiple times after firmware update. Manual config each time.

After i initially Enable a guest wlan i am only given the option to “Remove”. This actually doesn’t seem to do anything other than disable the Guest wlan. If i select Enable again the same settings are there as before. The manual indicates a Modify option should be there as well, but it is not showing up.

Is it there in your configuration screen for Guest Wlan ?

i have had no issues with any of the other configuration settings that i can tell.

i am using latest Chrome, Firefox, and IE for Win7 64bit. All have the same result.

Has anyone else seen this sort of issue ?
Is this a hardware issue ?
Is this a firmware loading issue ?
Any ideas ?
About time you upgraded your PC! If not Windows 10 you could use any number of good Linux distros.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!