What's new

RT-AC68U Merlin '''wlceventd_proc_event():''' with constant disconnects for months

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

AmBigYouUs

New Around Here
Hello,

I just registered an account to make this question after struggling with internet problems for close to 6 months. I have been getting much more familiar with navigating the controls and understanding terminology, but I am still such a noob that I'm confused how to run scripts. My purpose is just to play video games, stream, and be on virtual meetings without the internet going out all the time. Thank you for your time.

I believe my Modem (CM500) and Router (RT- AC68U running Merlin 384.19) aren't damaged or out of date. I have tried a number of different WAN and wireless settings that were recommended in different corners of the internet, and nothing ever sticks. I have reloaded Merlin 384.13 and factory reset as some with similar problems suggested, but that didn't work and I am back at 384.19. Currently all my settings are default, except that I use Cloudflare DNS 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 and have MAC address filtering on, and my ISP is Comcast. I just started trying the MAC address filter, because I think the core of the issue is that devices try to make some sort of communication with the router periodically and fail at doing so and it glitches up the whole router.

After all the different settings I have tried and now with MAC address filter still, I get system logs that look just like this but for different devices MAC address and different numbers in the parentheses after proc_event.

'''
Nov 9 12:36:48 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(481): eth2: Disassoc 64:B5:C6:17:C4:0D, status: 0, reason: Disassociated because sending station is leaving (or has left) BSS (8)
'''

I know that this can simply happen when a device drops, like when I turned off my cell phone. But I am not trying to turn it off, I am playing the Nintendo Switch, this is definitely the work of random disconnections causing mayhem. Although it has happened with all my devices I'm pretty sure, I feel like it happens most often on Switch and even maybe Echo, perhaps because they both use bluetooth and bluetooth uses their Mac address?

Any help would be appreciated. Whatever trouble shooting to figure out if it is faulty firmware or hardware or something to contact my ISP about, just let me know what else I need to share. I'll buy new equipment to get out of this disconnection hell if I have to. Thank you.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!