What's new

RT-AC68U new firmware 3.0.0.4.384_20624-g14d2f02

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Grisu

Part of the Furniture
My router found a new firmware 3.0.0.4.384_20624-g14d2f02.
But it cannot be found for download anywhere.
Installed and seems to work, settings have been unchanged so far I could see.

Are there release infos or change log available?

do You have changelog ?

do You have changelog ?

I was asking for changelog, how could you believe I have one?
There is no link for download, my router only had exlamation mark blinking saying new version available, so I clicked it and said update now, didnt see the download or any file.

router always can show changelog, you only need go to administratin tab fw and clisk check for fw update.
new_fw_2-png.12327

Had to go back to previous to see this!!!
Takes some time till it is shown, thats why I didnt see it before ...

found it now on taiwan/uk/de site but only under drivers & tools (not bios&firmware and not on /us at the moment):
https://www.asus.com/uk/Networking/RTAC68U/HelpDesk_Download/

Version 3.0.0.4.384.20624 2018/03/2642.7 MBytes

ASUS RT-AC68U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.20624
Suport multi-langue(UTF-8) network name*
Supported Let's encrypt to help get free Certificate Authority (CA). To enable this feature, the router needs to obtain public IP from ISP.

Security fixed

-Fixed information disclosure vulnerability. Thanks to Haitan Xiang and Fand Wang.
-Fixed CVE-2018-8826 remote code execution vulnerability. Thanks to Chris Wood.
-Fixed AiCloud 2.0 Reflected XSS Vulnerability. Thanks to Guy Arazi and Niv Levi contribution.

Thanks to Guy Arazi for following vulnerabilities.

-AiCloud 2.0 Stored XSS Share link manager.
-AiCloud 2.0 Reflected XSS - "share a link"
-Download Master HTTP service DoS vulnerability.
-Download Master Reflected XSS Main login.

Bug fixed
-Improved AiMesh stability.
-Improved system stability.
-Fixed DST related bugs.
-Fixed client list related bugs.
-Fixed traffic analyzer UI bugs.
* Windows XP and Windows 7 do not support UTF-8 format SSID. These two OS may see gibberish if using multi-language SSID.

Please unzip the firmware file first then check the MD5 code.
MD5:146ce34f70a34b26492ffdeb9c6dd3d2

Last edited:
router always can show changelog, you only need go to administratin tab fw and clisk check for fw update.
new_fw_2-png.12327
When I did this I saw the release notes from the current version on my router: 20308.

It does appear now on the US website under Windows 10 32-bit.

after update
Aimesh node is gone
Aimesh icon on main router also gone...
can not setup Aimesh...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After update of both router and node everything still OK

kjhkjh.JPG
AiMesh icon is gone ...

Attachments

• kjhkjh.JPG
    kjhkjh.JPG
    30.1 KB · Views: 596
  • kjhkjh.JPG
    kjhkjh.JPG
    30.1 KB · Views: 1,024
  • kjhkjh.JPG
    kjhkjh.JPG
    30.1 KB · Views: 774
Hi folks,

Same here. After the update AiMesh is gone. I am using an AC68U router converted from T-Mobile AC1900. The GUI looks like pre-Aimesh era after the firmware update. Took my whole day to fix the problem. I rolled back to previous firmware and had to do some cfe modifications again. It's working now with the previous firmware.
Broken update: 3.0.0.4.384_20624-g14d2f02
Previous firmware: 3.0.0.4.384_20308-gead790e

KaziQ

That's odd.

I have 68U's as nodes, and they are working fine as nodes with this firmware. Main router is 86U so different setup.

Same thing as previously mentioned. I have three TM-AC1900's converted to AC68U and they all lost the mesh functionality. I tried with a couple of different version CFE files and ultimately had to roll back to the previous version.

Well...
I think ASUS did something with new firmware..
My 68u(converted from 1900) went back to TM-AC1900.......

I didn't give many details on it, but yeah mine did go back to TM-AC1900 too. Might have to switch to Merlin. I think the update also messes with the CFE. My CFE version was 1.0.2.9 if I remember correctly. Maybe next weekend I'll try again to see what's going on. It feels real bad not being able to update the firmware right now. I think they didn't like people converting T-Mobile routers.

KaziQ

Maybe Asus is blocking further updates for the TM 1900’s?

TM-AC1900 to RT-AC68U then to RT-AC68P. Like others AiMesh gone after update to this firmware. On my unit the CFE was changed from 1.0.2.5 to 1.0.2.9 post firmware update. My unit still says RT-AC68P post firmware update. Clock freq post 1.0.2.9 CFE is still at 1000,800 post firmware update.

In addition to AiMesh being missing several pages are different. Namely the Operation Mode and Firmware Upgrade pages.

N9uK91n.jpg

m7yfIDX.jpg

Last edited:
Ditto here for my AC1900. Way to make me waste hours of my time troubleshooting why my AI Mesh no longer works. Thanks Asus, I'm really not happy about that.