What's new

RT-AC68U new firmware 3.0.0.4.384_20624-g14d2f02

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

But not when one uses a 1.0.2.5 CFE on a TM router which then mimic's the AC68P

Like I said before the thread title is about the RT-AC68U and anything about the TM should be contained to that thread only.

Like I said before the thread title is about the RT-AC68U and anything about the TM should be contained to that thread only.
Well as is so obviously evident a number of users starting on page one jumped into this thread (based the firmware update) to report their routers lost the AiMesh. Like it or not some people we probably assuming that by flashing the TM routers they were getting an actual RT-AC86U router hence the reason they may be posting to "this" thread rather than some other thread. Since you were not the OP thread starter and since the OP didn't state to keep TM router discussion out of this thread there is TM and Asus discussion in this thread. So here we are. :)

No need to argue! We all seek similar goals in having a robust WiFi..

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

please stop that discussion - I am OP !!!

ALL 68U-types are welcome here!
no 66U (except _V2) or 86U
but all RT-AC68U, TM-AC1900, RT-AC68P, RT-AC68W, RT-AC1900 and whatelse they are named!

Whenever you can load this firmware as update it is meant to be the right thread!
I cant write all versions in the header ...

Wanted only say - hey there's a new firm for that router, maybe some interesting things.

And yes that is interesting that some will loose AiMesh.
AND that cfe is changing by this firmware, thats new for me that they are changing bootloader at all !!!
Would be interesting whether only TM with 1.0.2.5 have problems or even such with 1.0.2.0 or 1.0.2.1.

I was on 1.0.2.0 and I had that problem. Then I didn't realize the CFE was overwritten with non AiMesh so I was fiddling all day without a solution. Then I used the editor to have 1.0.2.5 with the previous firmware. After I confirmed that it was working again, I tried updating to the latest firmware. I didn't try pushing CFE again. Maybe I should have. But someone wrote that it didn't work on the other thread. There is probably a solution to this, it's just got to be someone of Merlin's caliber to come up with a solution I guess.

KaziQ

The TM router version was never on the AIMESH list. Buyer beware. Hardware vendors do this all the time when consumers attempt to defraud these companies.

And not to say that AIMESH is ready for prime time. My routers still randomly go offline and the devices still cling onto the original router even if the signal strength is significantly different. So maybe another 6 months before ASUS can truly have a stable and seamless AIMESH. Sadly, their email support is crap - as you are supposed to have the more powerful/feature rich router to be the primary - so I sent the specs to them and received 3 different emails conflicting each other as to which should be the primary.

The TM router version was never on the AIMESH list. Buyer beware. Hardware vendors do this all the time when consumers attempt to defraud these companies.
If I buy a used RT-AC68U on amazon, Asus gets nothing still. No defrauding Asus at all here yet they get $0.00.

How can I read the CFE version of a RT-AC68U?

And which router did you have to start? Thanks.

Sorry, I don't understand your question.

Is it a Asus RT-AC68U or A T-Mobile TM-AC1900 flashed to become an RT-AC68U?

Is it a Asus RT-AC68U or A T-Mobile TM-AC1900 flashed to become an RT-AC68U?

Original Asus RT-AC68U

I have an AC68U as my AIMesh node, and I have it hooked up and configured as wired. But for some reason I always saw two wireless connections to this node. After this update I no longer see these two wireless connections.

I do not see a wired connection to it, so I don't know if its fixed or if the problem is just hidden now, or if it even was a problem to begin with. But there you go.

EDIT: Ok skip what I just said. The two wireless node connections are not showing in the android app. But when I look at the client list on the web page there IS still a wireless connection there and it is transferring data on that wireless channel (2.4)

Is no one else having this issue?

EDIT2: Ya, now its showing on the android app too.

Asus, PLEASE fix this. I want a wired connection to the node, not wireless!

Node configured and hooked up as wired:

ygCn87n.png

Client list shows wireless connection to node:

TpzzlvB.png

EDIT3: And... its gone again. Maybe it is working properly now and it just has periodic wireless connections?

Last edited:
I have an AC68U as my AIMesh node, and I have it hooked up and configured as wired. But for some reason I always saw two wireless connections to this node. After this update I no longer see these two wireless connections.

I do not see a wired connection to it, so I don't know if its fixed or if the problem is just hidden now, or if it even was a problem to begin with. But there you go.
I think what you saw before was considered a bug in the client list display.

I would think:

o The wired backhaul for the node is evident under More Config for that node in the AiMesh/Node List.

o The wireless backhauls for the node are no longer in the Client List (a fixed display issue), but should still be evident in the Wireless Log for that node's WLAN MACs.

OE