What's new

RT-AC68U NVRAM TX Power settings

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

VANT

Very Senior Member
Hi.

In this topic You can insert settings from CFE for tx power.
My 68U is old 800/666 EU model with 1.70 hw.

RT-AC68u EU rev. 1.70, 800/666 cpu/mem

1:rpcal5gb0=0X764E
1:rpcal5gb1=0X804B
1:rpcal5gb2=0X854F
1:rpcal5gb3=0X925E

I test that settings from latest fw:

1:rpcal5gb0=0xffff
1:rpcal5gb1=0xffff
1:rpcal5gb2=0xffff
1:rpcal5gb3=0xffff

but with this settings i have worst coverage.

These rpcal parameters are NOT tx POWER parameters. They are tuning parameters to compensate for filter ripple in the transmit chains. Think of these numbers as "digital tuning pots"

In the cfe files that are included in firmware they are always 0xffff because when a firmware upgraded your cfe it does not touch these numbers. These are probably specifically tuned to the unit and should not be touched unless you have a oscilloscope to look at the 2 and 5 ghz signals

In this topic You can insert settings from CFE for tx power.
:
:
but with this settings i have worst coverage.
Blindly modifying NVRAM variables when you have no idea what they do or how they work is a bad idea.

This is a perfect example. These values are nothing to do with tx power, they're beamforming parameters (apparently).:rolleyes:

Last edited:
i know what this settings do, this is the signal strength for the beamforming function.

I create this thread only for information, only out of curiosity, how different models are set.

i know what this settings do, this is the signal strength for the beamforming function.
I don't think you do. They are bitmask settings that work in combination with each other. They are not the simple individual values you seem to think they are.

Last edited:

I create this thread only for information, only out of curiosity, how different models are set.

With the modern broadcom drivers - one can send commands to the WiFi chip, and it'll say "yep, ok", but then not apply them if they are out of range based on the regulatory domain - and that is set on initial build with a OTP value in the WiFi chip itself.

It says Yep, OK, to prevent legacy code from crashing - this has been around for some time now...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!