What's new

RT-AC68U Parental controls keep turning themselves OFF!!!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

RSwipeCA

Occasional Visitor
Hey all. Need some help. No complaints about this router, at least for the first year or so. Then I noticed that my kids are online when the shouldn't be. Went into the parental control settings and found that the Time Scheduling was 'OFF'. So switched back on. Checked the next day and the scheduling was 'OFF' again! I have been running this router for about a year with no issues, the parental controls have worked great. Now, no matter what I do, no matter what firmware I install (presently running 3004 378 6975) the parental control scheduling cannot be trusted. Sometimes it will stay 'ON' for a day or so, but 95% of the time when I check it (daily) it's switched itself 'OFF'. I have contacted ASUS several times, I have done what they have suggested, that being trying different firmwares etc. Nothing has fixed the issue. The last call I put into them, they supplied me with an RMA number and asked me return it if the latest firmware doesn't fix it - which it hasn't. I don't want to be without my network for any amount of time, so sending it away to get 'fixed' is the last resort. This must be a software/firmware issue right? Or is it possible that the router itself has gone poop! Anyone else seen the parental controls becoming inoperative by themselves? BTW I have a password protected system, and have changed router access passwords several times, so we can discount anyone getting in and switching it off manually. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Hey all. Need some help. No complaints about this router, at least for the first year or so. Then I noticed that my kids are online when the shouldn't be. Went into the parental control settings and found that the Time Scheduling was 'OFF'. So switched back on. Checked the next day and the scheduling was 'OFF' again! I have been running this router for about a year with no issues, the parental controls have worked great. Now, no matter what I do, no matter what firmware I install (presently running 3004 378 6975) the parental control scheduling cannot be trusted. Sometimes it will stay 'ON' for a day or so, but 95% of the time when I check it (daily) it's switched itself 'OFF'. I have contacted ASUS several times, I have done what they have suggested, that being trying different firmwares etc. Nothing has fixed the issue. The last call I put into them, they supplied me with an RMA number and asked me return it if the latest firmware doesn't fix it - which it hasn't. I don't want to be without my network for any amount of time, so sending it away to get 'fixed' is the last resort. This must be a software/firmware issue right? Or is it possible that the router itself has gone poop! Anyone else seen the parental controls becoming inoperative by themselves? BTW I have a password protected system, and have changed router access passwords several times, so we can discount anyone getting in and switching it off manually. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Please post your system log after you discover the time scheduling has been disabled. I suspect your kids are making their way into the router and disabling time scheduling. Try setting a tougher password to login to your router.

Please post your system log after you discover the time scheduling has been disabled. I suspect your kids are making their way into the router and disabling time scheduling. Try setting a tougher password to login to your router.
Hi! Thanks for taking the time to reply. I changed the user name and password again, and I have to admit it does look as if somebody was logging in and switching it off. The only reason I think this, is because since changing the login info parental controls have stayed operational 100%. Thanks again.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!