What's new

RT-AC68U router with Merlin - A wireless device disconnects when..

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Yes it is. Someone in my household lost the remote to it. But yes you're right, it doesn't correct my main issue. It is connecting as n in wireless log.

If the remote is lost you could download the app and still control it. Mostly unrelated to the question I realize but thought I'd make the suggestion.

I would try first a different WiFi adapter on that laptop to see if the issues is still present.

and try DHCP instead of fix IP on PC and laptop. Or change both IPs to a free one.
Do they have different MAC?

I would try first a different WiFi adapter on that laptop to see if the issues is still present.
I'm not too familiar with the inner workings of a laptop. So far, I have heard less complaints of the disconnect.

and try DHCP instead of fix IP on PC and laptop. Or change both IPs to a free one.
Do they have different MAC?
Yes both have different MAC addys. Although I haven't yet, I do plan to use DCHP as some of you suggested. I've been out of town so I haven't gotten around to doing it. I will tonight tho. Thx.

I'm not too familiar with the inner workings of a laptop. So far, I have heard less complaints of the disconnect.

Just disable the internal WiFi adapter from Computer -> Manage -> Device Manager and plug in a USB WiFi dongle. The USB WiFi will be using a different hardware and a different driver.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!