What's new

RT-AC68U shows disconnected status behind LTE modem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Phydeauxman

Occasional Visitor
I have a small ISP that uses a LTE modem/router attached to the side of my. Since I wanted to use my Asus router to do DHCP and provide WiFi coverage, the ISP turned these features off in the modem. The mode has an IP address of 192.168.88.1. Originally I had the modem plugged into one of the LAN ports on the 68U, configured DHCP on the 68U to give IPs in the range of 192.168.88.100-200 with a gateway address of 192.168.88.1 (the modem). This has met my needs for some time now but I know want to put a VPN client on the 68U and have all traffic flow through it as a router and then onto the modem. I did a factory reset on the 68U, plugged the cable from the modem into the WAN port, and gave the 68U the WAN static IP of 192.168.88.254. The 68U always sees the Internet as "Disconnected". I have a laptop wired into the 68U to do the configuring with the laptop getting a DHCP IP from the 68U that is in the default 192.168.1.x subnet. If I run a continuous ping from the laptop to the modem's IP (192.168.88.1) and then initiate a reboot of the router from the laptop...during the reboot some of the pings to the modem are actually successful but eventually they starting failing. Pings from the 68U to the modem are never successful. Another weird behavior I noticed is that if I am in the 68U portal on the Network Map page...it shows the Internet status as "Disconnected" but...if I refresh the page...it VERY briefly shows the status as "Connected" with the 192.168.88.254 IP address and the word GO.

As another data point...if I plug the modem directly into the laptop and give the laptop the static IP of 192.168.88.254 with a gateway of 192.168.88.1 (the modem)...the laptop is able to ping the modem and browse the web.

Is there a configuration on the 68U I am missing or that I need to make that will enable this to work? Firmware version on 68U is 386.5_2

Want to apologize to the forum members that took the time to read and respond to this thread. Solved my problem...was completely operator error.

Solved my problem...was completely operator error.
Post how you solved the issue to help anyone else who comes along and is experiencing something similar.