What's new

RT-AC68U / Sierra 320U problems solved (heads up)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Piker

Occasional Visitor
Just a heads up that I have solved all my USB Modem problems.
I have had a lot of reconnection problems (taking 30min - 2hrs) ever since I started using my AC68U, about 3 months ago. About 4 days ago it disconnected and totally failed to reconnect ("connect script failed"). I then tried upgrading to Merlins latest 380.64_0 and also Asus' latest. Factory defaults etc etc... all failed to reconnect my Sierra 320U (using Telstra Mobile Broadband - Australia) as well.
As a last resort I downgraded to Merlins 380.57 and everything works perfectly. I can only guess that Asus stuffed the connect script up somewhere along the line for this modem and have failed to correct it.

FWIW - sometimes it helps to take a USB modem back to the PC for firmware and SIM updates with the carrier provided client on the PC...

SIM cards do get updates - sometimes more often that firmware on the USB stick itself - mostly due to carrier buildouts...

SIM cards do get updates - sometimes more often that firmware on the USB stick itself - mostly due to carrier buildouts...
It seems I do have the latest firmware (2014) installed. Does the client generally notify you when they update a sim?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!