What's new

RT-AC68U types Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384_45149 for RT-AC68U/R/W/P, RT-AC1900/U/P and RT-AC66U_B1

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Guess I should not have upgraded today. Client list and Bandwidth monitor client assignments are garbage. Should have reread this post first.

I went out on a limb. Bought an RT-AX88U, Firmware is different. Use it as the main Router. Upgraded to the new firmware, use the AC86U and the 2 AC 68U as nodes wired backhaul and everything is working flawlessly! The AX88U is awesome.

Hi,

I've recently got brand new 4G-AC68U and first thing I have done with it, after turning on, was upgrading to ofw: 3.0.0.4.384_45149-g467037b
Configuring it for the first time, I have found a couple of problems with it:

1) Download Master is not listed on USB Application tab after installation, windows client throwing index out of bound error after connection, but it's been already reported.
2) Clients list not showing all the clients (already reported), moreover the interface icons sometimes are false (eth instead of wifi).
3) Scheduling in Download Master is not working at all, at least for HTTP downloads. When scheduled tasks are triggered, they are immediately finished at 0% with error status. After that, they cannot be resumed manually, only deletion and recreation of a task works. Immediate downloading is working ok.
4) USB Application tab page after Download Master installation sometimes is loading only partially. The same happens to "AI cloud 2.0" tab. I have checked that on various browsers, and it is not related to particular browser, so it's a problem on router side.
5) Turning on samba server for the first time triggered DDNS on without my knowledge, and I had to turn it off. Is this supposed to happen? Samba server seems not to be 100% stable, once after restart it was not stared, and I had to start it manualy - unfortunatelly I don't have logs for that.
6) After few restarts I have found, that modem cannot access SIM card, because saved PIN has been lost and PIN field on WAN page is empty. That happened only once, so I cannot repeat that.
7) Default "DST time zone changes starts" and "DST time zone changes ends" values in Adm > System tab are swapped, leading to false time reading despite proper time zone selection.

Hi,

I've recently got brand new 4G-AC68U and first thing I have done with it, after turning on, was upgrading to ofw: 3.0.0.4.384_45149-g467037b
Configuring it for the first time, I have found a couple of problems with it:

1) Download Master is not listed on USB Application tab after installation, windows client throwing index out of bound error after connection, but it's been already reported.
2) Clients list not showing all the clients (already reported), moreover the interface icons sometimes are false (eth instead of wifi).
3) Scheduling in Download Master is not working at all, at least for HTTP downloads. When scheduled tasks are triggered, they are immediately finished at 0% with error status. After that, they cannot be resumed manually, only deletion and recreation of a task works. Immediate downloading is working ok.
4) USB Application tab page after Download Master installation sometimes is loading only partially. The same happens to "AI cloud 2.0" tab. I have checked that on various browsers, and it is not related to particular browser, so it's a problem on router side.
5) Turning on samba server for the first time triggered DDNS on without my knowledge, and I had to turn it off. Is this supposed to happen? Samba server seems not to be 100% stable, once after restart it was not stared, and I had to start it manualy - unfortunatelly I don't have logs for that.
6) After few restarts I have found, that modem cannot access SIM card, because saved PIN has been lost and PIN field on WAN page is empty. That happened only once, so I cannot repeat that.
7) Default "DST time zone changes starts" and "DST time zone changes ends" values in Adm > System tab are swapped, leading to false time reading despite proper time zone selection.

What firmware was installed when you bought it before you flashed 3.0.0.4.384_45149-g467037b?

With the many bugs/glitches, you're describing I would suggest a full M&M Config to get your router to a good/known state.

I've never heard of a 4G-AC68U Asus model before either? Is this something new?

What firmware was installed when you bought it before you flashed 3.0.0.4.384_45149-g467037b?

With the many bugs/glitches, you're describing I would suggest a full M&M Config to get your router to a good/known state.

I've never heard of a 4G-AC68U Asus model before either? Is this something new?

Backplate of the router states 3.0.0.4.384_32960.

4G-AC68U is generally a RT-AC68U with on-board LTE Cat. 6 modem and dual WAN (ethernet+GSM) uplink failover/balancing capabilities.

Besides Download Master problems and the gliches, that happened during initial config, the device is running almost perfectly fine, so I'm not convinced if M&M config would change anything here. Probably I'll wait with that till a new firmware shows up.

Last edited:
Backplate of the router states 3.0.0.4.384_32960.

4G-AC68U is generally a RT-AC68U with on-board LTE Cat. 6 modem and dual WAN (ethernet+GSM) uplink failover/balancing capabilities.

Even though that is just a single version newer than what you had when it was originally purchased, I would still do a full M&M Config to eliminate any possibility that possible previous NVRAM values are being used incorrectly now.

See the links in my signature below.