What's new

RT-AC68U with Asus PCE-AC68 adapter WIFI(5G) issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

AC68 is a different SDK, different wireless driver, and also has DFS support (which the AC66 lacks).

Wifi-wise, they are quite different devices.

Thanks, I learned something more about 802.11 standard, so I see that AC68U is more sensible about Regulation mode, now I know that not every WIFI device behaves on the same way despite the same setting.

Download driver booster it is a free software program that will automatically find and install the most recent up to date drivers for whatever type of computer you are running.

I would not recommend doing this. Please use whatever driver model your laptop/desktop/network adapter recommends. There is usually specific reasons why using the latest and greatest is never recommended.

Think of it this way, how often at your work are you using drivers or firmware that are the most recent? There is a reason why change management is a billion dollar software industry. It keeps people from shooting themselves or cutting off their own feet when it comes to configuration management and validated hardware/infrastructure designs.

If you do a google search on 'Windows 8.1 5GHz wireless disappears' you'll see that you are not alone. Apparently the Windows 8.1 update changed something and it's generally solved by new Windows drivers.

I have never seen such, but do not discount that its possible that a driver update, firmware modifications, or software modifications could cause issues such as this. However, with moving from Windows 8 -> 8.1 -> 10 I have yet to see my manufacturer drivers and recommended software change with my laptops I use for test, development and UAT.

As I mentioned though, it doesn't mean its not possible that certain companies don't use different drivers between minor/major releases.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!