What's new

Release RT-AC86U 11th January 2021 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386.41634

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

1) it wasn't there before
2) if there is power line delivery this will make my home setup much better than it currently is.

I see where you are now...

1) The graphic is just more informative/prettier now.

2) Powerline is just another infrastructure transport medium of your choosing. It is suppose to act like Ethernet. You can install it whenever you want, if you want it... the router shouldn't care as long as it behaves like Ethernet.

OE

That's so interesting. According to ASUS Fanboys those updates had no issues like a heat issue. :eek:

What are you trolling about? Everybody here knows Asus routers have plenty of issues.

It has been thoroughly discussed and acknowledged here that 41634 disables the CPU wait state, resulting in elevated and undesired CPU temp in the 90s. The subsequent release 41994 re-enables the CPU wait state, resulting in CPU temps in the 80s, give or take some depending on ambient temp and heatsink assembly/effectiveness.

It has been said here that the CPU will throttle at 100, not blow up. I don't recall anyone posting here about their CPU throttling, so it remains to be seen whether or not there is an untenable heat issue.

OE

Anyone having issues accessing Netflix though devices connected to their ASUS AC86U router after the upgrade? I can access Netflix if I connect a TV to the Motorola Modem and even through my smartphone sing my service provider Verizon. But devices connected to the router timeout trying to connect to Netflix.

Anyone having issues accessing Netflix though devices connected to their ASUS AC86U router after the upgrade? I can access Netflix if I connect a TV to the Motorola Modem and even through my smartphone sing my service provider Verizon. But devices connected to the router timeout trying to connect to Netflix.
This update was removed by asus for various reasons. There is a new update that was released two days ago, I'd give that a try. As for your issue, I don't remember anyone having it around here.

Updated to the newest version of Merlin for the AC86U - same issue. Not sure what is going on. Seems to be a weird issue as I have no problem with any other stream service

For me, the new fw (released yesterday) causes the same overheating problem...

Most likely because you did not reset the new firmware and configure from scratch.

OE

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!