What's new

RT-AC86U + 2 Lyra (AiMesh) HELP NEEDED

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bbb27

New Around Here
Hello everyone,

I recently purchased an ASUS RT-AC86U to "replace" my ISP own crappy router, and noticed this "new" tech AiMesh that i never heard of. I bought a couple of Lyra routers/nodes, and pair them with my main router. So far so good, but every now and then my wifi gets completely locked to a point that i have to turn off and on my main router again, and sometimes i get very unstable wifi network (connect to SSID but no internet, even if my router saying i have internet connection)...

After reading a bit more, i stumble upon this edited firmware from RMerlin. I decided to give it a try, and in fact it did help, but sometimes i get the locked/unresponsive router.

What i was thinking is if making the 2 Lyra's as Repeater's, with the same SSID and all the stuff as the AiMesh would actually help with this instability instead of using ASUS AiMesh configuration...

I would appreciate any help you guys could give me, since i'm a bit lost here :(

Lyra is known to be troublesome.
Is it only router GUI you cant access, then you could reset GIU with SSH to router and command: service restart_httpd

That's... Unfortunate... So this configuration that i bought is not going to work?? :confused:

Not even the GUI :confused:.
Then, after reseting the Router (usually only the router is enough), i'm back online.

This doesn't happen every single day, but it's ocasionally enough to make me a bit frustrated...

The Router is on latest stable Merlin Firmware (384.13) and the Lyra's are on the latest ASUS official firmware (3.0.0.4.384.46054).

I read some people who had more luck using these nodes as wifi repeater's and skipping the AiMesh configuration, but i really don't know how to properly configure this, since i'm not a network guru :(