What's new

[RT-AC86U] I built cake!!!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perfectly valid reasons.

I worked on the script some more (new file) to include requirements checking (JFFS enabled, Entware check), auto-add/remove to services-start and services-stop, as well as included some more options ({install|enable|start|stop|disable}): https://5m.ca/cake/cake-qos.sh

This means that cake QoS can be installed and set up with 3 commands (below assumes AC86U and 30Mbit / 5 Mbit + Cable (Docsis) connection):
Code:
/usr/sbin/curl --retry 3 "https://5m.ca/cake/cake-qos.sh" -o "/jffs/scripts/cake-qos" && chmod 0755 /jffs/scripts/cake-qos
/jffs/scripts/cake-qos install ac86u
/jffs/scripts/cake-qos enable 30Mbit 5Mbit "docsis ack-filter"

Feel free to take anything from the code you like, I feel this will help towards #4 (scripted install) :) I'll probably remove this and my other post once an official script is put together to minimize confusion.

I just have to say - the 5m.ca service/site is a wonderful thing - thank you for making me aware of it

The request to get an install script added to amtm would go to @thelonelycoder as it's his work, but it seems he needs enough interest from users to do so, so tag him and he will hopefully look at this.
just as a suggestion, it might be polite to invite @dave14305 to have a look at what is happening here - as I understand it, he has been making changes to the original FreshJR QoS in the creator's absence. Maybe some some collaboration can happen?
To be amtm compatible a script needs to be popular, free, have its own menu driven fully automated install/uninstall/configure options, be compatible on all or at least most router models, have a compatible version number scheme and my approval ;)

To be amtm compatible a script needs to be popular, free, have its own menu driven fully automated install/uninstall/configure options, be compatible on all or at least most router models, have a compatible version number scheme and my approval ;)

...and knowing is half the battle. [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome work!!

Interesting project! Sadly I think my 350/35 line is probably on the high side for Cake? I saw somewhere in the thread that over 250 wasn't recommended
Yeah, i think you're good on 350Mbit
:) whilst i get peasant speeds! :(

i am using it for 1000/100 :p
You dont need cake, unless it is an addiction! :D seriously though with you having GB/s i wouldn't bother

Let me know if it's time for a new thread for this stuff now!!
Thanks to all contributing here, I'm watching quietly and excited to try cake but not deeply technical on the coding side and therefore waiting before I jump in with my RT-AX88U.

I agree it is time to have a new thread, and in order to gather more support for the project I would suggest a link to information on the benefits of Cake over other QoS options. I'm heavily dependent on QoS using FQ_Codel and FreshJR_QOS but find it struggles in some circumstances and I suspect many are in a similar position.

The icing on the cake would be AMTM integration.

Thank you all again for your work on this :)

What sort of throughput are you achieving (with cake enabled and disabled), and when under load with cake enabled, what sort of CPU usage?
cake+suricata 250Mbit 66% CPU
cake only 300 Mbit 25%
no cake no suricata 300 Mbit 25%

all via wifi.
speed test from router is saying 750Mbit and more ...

I have q: which rules are used by cake following in traffic prio?

Status
Not open for further replies.