What's new

RT-AC86U Merlin IGMP Snooping mcpd.conf

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

maxiarg14

Occasional Visitor
Hi!

I have an ASUS RT-AC86U with Merlin Firmware 384.13_0. I couldn't receive IPTV until I enabled IGMP Proxy. Now I can play the content, but after 2 minutes the image freezes, and I have to change the channel to receive content again, and then after 2 minutes the image freezes again.
I understand that "var/mcpd.conf" is the file where IGMP Proxy and Snooping is configured. Maybe I have to change some parameters using a custom configuration file in "/jffs/confs", but I tried and played with some other values and nothing works.

@RMerlin , ¿It's possible that Snooping isn't working well on this device, regardless of the configuration of this file? Because in the GUI the option to enable IGMP Snooping doesn't appear.

Thanks!
Regards,

Maxi

Hi!

I have an ASUS RT-AC86U with Merlin Firmware 384.13_0. I couldn't receive IPTV until I enabled IGMP Proxy. Now I can play the content, but after 2 minutes the image freezes, and I have to change the channel to receive content again, and then after 2 minutes the image freezes again.
I understand that "var/mcpd.conf" is the file where IGMP Proxy and Snooping is configured. Maybe I have to change some parameters using a custom configuration file in "/jffs/confs", but I tried and played with some other values and nothing works.

@RMerlin , ¿It's possible that Snooping isn't working well on this device, regardless of the configuration of this file? Because in the GUI the option to enable IGMP Snooping doesn't appear.

Thanks!
Regards,

Maxi
Is the device having issues a wireless device by chance?

Is the device having issues a wireless device by chance?

Hi @skeal, no, is working very well with every wireless device. In fact, I use a Netgear WNDR3400 with tomato firmware in "Wireless Ethernet Bridge" mode, and works perfectly with the main router (the RT-AC86U). If I connect the STB to the Netgear via wired ethernet, it works perfectly too, until the image freezes, the same that happens when connecting to the Asus. So I think the problem is some configuration in the Asus.

Did you find out anything about IGMP proxy on the AC86U? is it an hardware limitation or just nobody figured out how to configure the conf file?

Did you find out anything about IGMP proxy on the AC86U? is it an hardware limitation or just nobody figured out how to configure the conf file?
The gui stuff is under LAN>IPTV
ASUS-Wireless-Router-RT-AX88U-IPTV.jpg

Cross posting isn't really advised here. Just post once and someone will get to you as soon as they can.

The gui stuff is under LAN>IPTVView attachment 28063
Cross posting isn't really advised here. Just post once and someone will get to you as soon as they can.

The problem is that if you enable the ISP profile (vlan tagging) then multicast routing is turned off on the RT-AC86U. I need both things to be working so that my local IPTV works properly and my doubt is using the conf file to configure it directly to see if that works, because the WEBUI limits both options at the same time.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!