1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

RT-AC86U Merlin IGMP Snooping mcpd.conf

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by maxiarg14, Feb 19, 2020.

1. maxiarg14

maxiarg14 New Around Here

Hi!

I have an ASUS RT-AC86U with Merlin Firmware 384.13_0. I couldn't receive IPTV until I enabled IGMP Proxy. Now I can play the content, but after 2 minutes the image freezes, and I have to change the channel to receive content again, and then after 2 minutes the image freezes again.
    I understand that "var/mcpd.conf" is the file where IGMP Proxy and Snooping is configured. Maybe I have to change some parameters using a custom configuration file in "/jffs/confs", but I tried and played with some other values and nothing works.

@RMerlin , ¿It's possible that Snooping isn't working well on this device, regardless of the configuration of this file? Because in the GUI the option to enable IGMP Snooping doesn't appear.

Thanks!
    Regards,

Maxi

2. skeal

skeal Part of the Furniture

Is the device having issues a wireless device by chance?

3. maxiarg14

maxiarg14 New Around Here

Hi @skeal, no, is working very well with every wireless device. In fact, I use a Netgear WNDR3400 with tomato firmware in "Wireless Ethernet Bridge" mode, and works perfectly with the main router (the RT-AC86U). If I connect the STB to the Netgear via wired ethernet, it works perfectly too, until the image freezes, the same that happens when connecting to the Asus. So I think the problem is some configuration in the Asus.