What's new

Release RT-AC86U Version 3.0.0.4.384.82072

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bbunge

Part of the Furniture
ASUS RT-AC86U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.82072
- Fixed buffer overflow vulnerability
- Fixed wireless performance drop issue after send the feedback.
- Fixed static WAN IP connection issues.

Noticed that there are WAN DNS presets for CF Secure and Family and others.

i'm on the RC2 firmware and i can't go back to a firmware without Aimesh 2.0 support. good luck good people.

Yea " Fixed static WAN IP connection issues" it helped a lot cuz i use this connection type and i feel a lot better connection right now. I had many talks in this forum about how its firmware fault and not my internet connection ( my connection is bad ) but when 1 router performs and other not its firmware i said when all pointed at user errors. At least after some time justice shows who was right . And let me repeat time and time again. When im sure about smth im never wrong. Its like 3:0 for me right now where people here on this forum were wrong and in the end i was right. So passing by to say that im happy that asus constantly fix bugs and remind u that all were wrong poiting user fault just i was always right like always when im sure about smth.

. . . seems like someone may have a bit of a complex there. hope the venting helped with that. i'm going to go ahead and take the dive on this latest one. i too had some weird behavior that was quite intermittent and not easy to nail down with 2 different tv clients using static ip's. while the connection didn't drop, it certainly seemed to pause.

. . . so here goes.

took the "dirty" dive and all's well here. did have a slight hiccup with the asus gui locking up post install. unplugged for 30 seconds and we're good now.

ASUS RT-AC86U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.82072
- Fixed buffer overflow vulnerability
- Fixed wireless performance drop issue after send the feedback.
- Fixed static WAN IP connection issues.

Buffer overflow. Now that's interesting.

After the above posts, I thought I'd might as well jump in with this upgrade. I manually downloaded the new version and then I noticed it matched the version I have installed, and It's this new one ... what?

No wonder I thought I had a weird blip where I lost my VPN work connection at about 5pm today. And that's exactly what the logs show happened then.

In 2 years of ownership, I've never had it automatically update. I've even stalled for a month at times before updating it if the experience here wasn't favorable. I know it checks daily and pops up at times in the GUI that an update is available, but it has never gone past that notification.

I can't find any setting to toggle automatic updates on or off. I assume that this one might have been critical enough that Asus is forcing it?

After the above posts, I thought I'd might as well jump in with this upgrade. I manually downloaded the new version and then I noticed it matched the version I have installed, and It's this new one ... what?

No wonder I thought I had a weird blip where I lost my VPN work connection at about 5pm today. And that's exactly what the logs show happened then.

In 2 years of ownership, I've never had it automatically update. I've even stalled for a month at times before updating it if the experience here wasn't favorable. I know it checks daily and pops up at times in the GUI that an update is available, but it has never gone past that notification.

I can't find any setting to toggle automatic updates on or off. I assume that this one might have been critical enough that Asus is forcing it?
I have NEVER seen an Asus router auto update. Check for updates yes, actually update no.

I have NEVER seen an Asus router auto update. Check for updates yes, actually update no.

Its happened in the past to some people, in particular when the AC86U was first released, there were one or two firmwares that were pushed. ASUS seemed to stop doing it after those one or two firmwares.

The only reason I noticed the change was that my Mesh wifi (wired backhaul) became totally unresponsive. A couple of reboots later, it keeps dropping out even for a device right next to it.

autoupdated.

I was just about to ask about it.

In the Administration, System tab; noticed there is a Enable Captcha toggle. Didn't notice this on the last release even though a few of us have in fact seen the Captcha pop-up.

Last edited:
I took out RT-AC86U from storage yesterday and connected it to internet for some testing - it had fairly old firmware (from March or so), not even 5 min online and it automatically updated to this newest version.. some new "feature"?
It would be nice at least to have option to disable it..

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!