What's new

RT-AC88U latest firmware 386 beta 3, 4 issues (no Internet connection)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Kiwilad

New Around Here
Hi everyone
Ive loaded the latest beta versions 386 dot 1, 2, 3 and now beta 4. The only one that I've been able to get working properly is 386 beta 2. The issue is with the Internet connection side which simply wont connect with beta versions 3 and 4. I've tried reboots via the admin page and I've tried a manual restart by turning the power off for about 1-2 mins then turning the power back on. beta version 2 works fine but the later version beta 3 and 4 simply wont connect to the Internet.
Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

To test properly, flash the Beta 4 and follow the suggestions below.

New M&M 2020

Ok tried most of those things but I wasn't going to reconfigure my router from scratch. what I found that worked was flashing the router, waiting 10 mins, then rebooting the router by turning it off at the wall, waiting 2 mins than turning it back on. all the WiFi clients connected and I was able to get into the management screen again. I then waited another maybe 5 mins then it actually connected to the WAN interface and now I have Internet access again. just patience I guess and waiting. strange that I never had to wait so long when using Beta 1 or Beta 2 as it just worked straight away.
Thanks

Hi everyone
Ive loaded the latest beta versions 386 dot 1, 2, 3 and now beta 4. The only one that I've been able to get working properly is 386 beta 2. The issue is with the Internet connection side which simply wont connect with beta versions 3 and 4. I've tried reboots via the admin page and I've tried a manual restart by turning the power off for about 1-2 mins then turning the power back on. beta version 2 works fine but the later version beta 3 and 4 simply wont connect to the Internet.
Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

I'm pretty much facing the same issue. I have installed 386.1 beta 1 and retried with beta 4 on a RT-AC88U. Both face the same issues. Reverting to 384.19 solves the issue.

Everything comes up as usual (static WAN IP to modem, internal LAN, DHCP), default gateway. I can log in by SSH and web-interface, but basically that is everything what works.
I can ping nothing (default network, google, internal LAN address), does not work.

What I observed is a new VLAN 501 which has not been there before:
adm@RT-AC88U-38F0:/jffs/scripts# robocfg show
Switch: enabled
Port 0: DOWN enabled stp: none vlan: 1 jumbo: on mac: 00:00:00:00:00:00
Port 1: DOWN enabled stp: none vlan: 1 jumbo: on mac: 00:00:00:00:00:00
Port 2: 1000FD enabled stp: none vlan: 99 jumbo: on mac: 50:14:79:24:3e:94
Port 3: 1000FD enabled stp: none vlan: 1 jumbo: on mac: b0:8b:cf:07:d6:00
Port 4: 1000FD enabled stp: none vlan: 2 jumbo: on mac: 1c:b7:2c:76:38:f1
Port 5: 1000FD enabled stp: none vlan: 1 jumbo: on mac: 00:00:00:00:00:00
Port 7: 1000FD enabled stp: none vlan: 1 jumbo: on mac: c8:d7:19:39:29:8c
Port 8: 1000FD enabled stp: none vlan: 2 jumbo: on mac: 1c:b7:2c:76:38:f1
VLANs: BCM5301x enabled mac_check mac_hash
1: vlan1: 0 1 3 5t 7 8t
2: vlan2: 4 8u
99: vlan99: 2 3t
501: vlan501: 0t 1t 2t 3t 4t 5t 7t 8t
adm@RT-AC88U-38F0:/jffs/scripts#
adm@RT-AC88U-38F0:/jffs/scripts#

However, I have no clue where to touch.

Do you have any ideas?

Kind regards,
Georg

Hi as mentioned I ran into similar issues with these beta updates. what I found worked was after flashing, wait 3-4 mins then mnaully turn the power on and off (unplug the unit) then plug it back in and wait 15 mins. yes thats corect 15 mins. All the wifi clients will connect before this time but for some unknown reason you have to wait 15 mins for the WAN to connect.

Unfoirtu
Hi as mentioned I ran into similar issues with these beta updates. what I found worked was after flashing, wait 3-4 mins then mnaully turn the power on and off (unplug the unit) then plug it back in and wait 15 mins. yes thats corect 15 mins. All the wifi clients will connect before this time but for some unknown reason you have to wait 15 mins for the WAN to connect.
Unfortunately, this didn't help in my case. The first boot after the installaion took more than 60 minutes (until a nt_ something process settled) and the web-interface was responsive again. All reboots after that take their usual time, but the functionality never sets in. That is, if I ping a device which is typically reachable, there are, during the boot process, some pings which make it to their target. But only a couple of pings or so.

I experienced two additional issues: on the OpenVPN-Server tab, it says that it is recreating something (sorry, can't remember the proper wording) which might take some minutes, after that I could download the configuration. However, this process never finishes and takes forever.
Second, on the IPsec-Server-tab, the individual configuration settings are gone, also there are no navigation buttons on the page (back, cancel, ok). It seems like the page is never loaded completely.

Not sure if this is somehow interconnected.

And again, there is a new VLAN which was not there before :)

P.S. I'm willing to troubleshoot if someone has any ideas where to look :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!