What's new

RT-AC88U + Lyra Mini AiMesh

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

adorno

New Around Here
Hi, maybe you can help me :)

Is it possible to use AC88U as Aimesh router and Lyra Mini as Aimesh node? I turn Lyra in AP-modus but Ac88u found no node ...

thx
adorno

Now you can! The latest firmware for Lyra Mini, lets you set them up as nodes. I"ve done it. Seems to work well.

Hi,
Do you know if i can use adorno's scenario with my RT-AC68U and a Lyra Mini that i'm thinking to buy?
Also if it's possible, the lyra's backhole connection with the AC68U will be by the air (5 GHz WLAN-Band Mesh-Backbone) or only via ethernet cable?

thanks

I followed this guide, and it worked:
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1038071/#
And after the setup I connected them all to ethernet backhaul:
WAN - ISP modem - RTAC88U in AP mode - Lyramini (port2) - Then port1 on Lyramini1 to a 16-port unmanaged switch - Then connected port2 on Lyramini2 and Lyramini3 to the switch.

Hi,

I tried the link and still i cant use my lyra as aimesh node.

I have gt-ac5300 as router and i really wanted to use the lyra the circular ones as aimesh nodws. Followed all the steps but seems not working at. Do i need to change the operstion mode of the lyra device as ap mode? Or just let it stay as router mode?

Any help would be highly apprecisted

- Nowadays i have two Lyra mini pucks as Aimesh nodes to my RT-AC88U.
- Try resetting the lyras, then add them one-by-one via your 5300"s settingspage. Shouldnt be necessary to tinkle with the lyras settings at all.

Thanks for the response, but already did that a lot of times. After adding any lyra, after the 6 minutes waiting it would say failed to load. All device including router have the latest and frestest firmware update

Its just weird that i see them as a possible aimesh node on the asus app, but always fails to add them

Maybe a master router factory reset with initialze (and on both Lyra too) could help. Or use LAN instead of WiFi backhaul or opposite, using Wifi not too far away from master while pairing.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!